Bernice Three Column

Monday, December 19, 2011

REVIEW -- Skillet Bacon Jam


This last week, I was fortunate enough to sample Skillet Bacon Jam from Skillet Street food.  I have to admit, I was a bit dubious at first.  I have always thought of jam as some fruit preserves, but from bacon?

So, what is Skillet Bacon Jam?
We make this bacon spread condiment called bacon jam..you say what?.. that’s right, we use niman ranch bacon and render it down along with onions, balsamic and other spices . It cooks for several hours until it is a perfect blend of smoky, tangy, savory and slightly sweet….basically spreadable bacony goodness!  USDA approved. –From Skillet Street Food

When I first opened up the sample that I got, I smelled a bacony smoky fragrance that just stirred my senses.  It smelled so good.  That night we had hamburgers for dinner.  I spread it on my hamburger.  What a treat it became.  Skillet Bacon Jam turned my hamburger from normal to a gourmet burger from a fancy restaurant.  I had to find something else to try this with and added some of the bacon jam to my baked beans.  It turned those baked beans into an outdoor excursion.  I closed my eyes.  I felt like I was camping out in the woods, and had just prepared them over an open campfire.  The very next morning, I used the rest of my sample to create the most marvelous omelet.

I am going to get more Skillet Bacon Jam to be an ingredient for our New Year's Beef Wellington.  What a succulent feast we will have!  We might even add this to our Yorkshire pudding for Christmas.

I highly recommend Skillet Bacon Jam for anyone who wants a condiment to liven up their foods.

For more information on Skillet Bacon Jam, just go to their website: www.SkilletBaconJam.com or send them an email: eat@skilletstreetfood.com.

Find Skillet Street Food on Facebook and Twitter



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive