Here are few things that I learned about Frito-Lay:
- Many of their chips are made with three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, oil and salt.
- Frito-Lay uses all-natural oils, such as corn and sunflower oils, so our chips have 0 grams trans fat.
- Most of our chips contain less salt than you think! A 1-oz serving of Lay’s® Classic potato chips has about the same amount of sodium as a slice of white bread.
- Frito-Lay offers a Lightly Salted line of chips -- available in Lay’s® potato chips and Fritos® corn chips, which contain 50 percent less sodium than their regular counterparts.
- All Lay’s® Classic potato chips, SunChips® multigrain snacks and Tostitos® tortilla chips are made with all natural ingredients, meaning they don’t contain any artificial flavors, artificial preservatives or MSG.
- Many varieties of Tostitos® tortilla chips contain 8 grams of whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips ® multigrain snacks have 18 grams of whole grain and 2 grams fiber per serving.
- Frito-Lay supports American farmers and buys the potatoes we use to make potato chips from 80+ farms across 27 states. This is really special to me, because I highly believe in helping the American Farmer!
- They use technologies that create renewable energy, such as solar panels and biomass boilers, in some of our manufacturing plants.
- Frito-Lay has the largest private, all-electric fleet of delivery trucks in the U.S.
- All Frito-Lay manufacturing plants are taking measures to divert at least 99 percent of waste from landfills. One way we’re doing this is by reusing our shipping cartons up to six times before recycling them, helping reduce cardboard waste.
Also, have you ever wondered where Frito-Lay snacks come from, how they’re made, or where they come up with the flavors? Well then they have a video series that’s just for you! Check out all four videos in the series below:
An Inside Look at How We Make Chips at the Frito-Lay Modesto Plant
An Inside Look at How Frito-Lay Develops New Flavors
An Inside Look at Sensible Snacking with Frito-Lay Registered Dietitian
An Inside Look at Frito-Lay’s Fleet Featuring the New Electric Delivery Trucks
Frito-Lay has my seal of approval & my kids seal of approval!