Bernice Three Column

Monday, January 16, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday -- Romantic Songs



Photobucket


Today's theme for the Monday's Music Moves Me is songs that were played at your wedding.  I had these two selections from The Desert Song played at our reception.  They are two of my favorite love songs of all time.  I really didn't care for too much of the modern music of that time, like I don't really like it now.  I stopped listening to modern music when I was around 11 years old when I started to play the piano.  I fell in love with older music then, and I still love it now.  My husband and kids share this love of mine. 

The Desert Song
sung by Gordon MacRae



To give a bit of a variety, here is Nelson Eddy singing, 
One Alone



These songs always give me such a romantic feeling.  What was some of your favorite wedding songs?

Now for those daily laughs!
Garfield
So, do you believe, as Garfield does, that your only fault is that your not perfect?




Share


8 comments:

  1. The Nelson Eddy singing One Alone is my fave! I love old. Old things, old music. Their beauty is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard either before. Thanks for the music education. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I haven't heard these songs like in forever, and I'm an old movie buff. My mom did that to me. She loved her musicals when I was little and I inherited I guess. So I'm with you girl. Thanks for sharing. That must've been a very romantic setting for your wedding. Thanks for playing & have a great day. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard these, but I do love oldies and just a mix of everything.

    And Garfield is funny!

    I still would love to learn to play the piano.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, these songs do cast a romantic aire over you. Great choices! And, thanks for the introduction to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very famous songs by two very famous artists; songs like these never die. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive