Bernice Three Column

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday


Today I am featuring just Bing Crosby singing Christmas music.  


Photobucket


I love linking up with Xmas Dolly and her Monday's Music Moves Me Hop.  Just click on the button above to link up.

Joy To The World



What Child Is This? and The Holly and the Ivy



It Came Upon a Midnight Clear



Do You Hear What I Hear
Inspired by events surrounding the Cuban Missile Crisis, Gloria Shayne Baker and Noel Regney (married at the time) wrote "Do You Hear What I Hear" in October of 1962. The Harry Simeon Chorale were the first to record it, but Bing Crosby put the song over the following year with this performance of it, and it has been a favorite Christmas Carol ever since.



Silent Night (1942 recording with the Guardsment Quartette)



The Wise Men are still journeying to the Newborn King

Share


7 comments:

  1. Well Danielle I looked back up at the date twice & all I can say is Happy New Year & the theme for today was duets, BUT give me ol' blue eyes ba ba ba boo any time. Great songs.! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bing Crosby has a beautiful voice and his Christmas songs are some of the best. I love "Do You Hear What I Hear"
    Enjoy the Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get enough of bing. I think I want one of his CDS!

    Great selection!

    Thank you for sharing with us today.

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picks. I enjoyed these today. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May not be duets but Bing is always in my book.
    Happy New Year.
    ~Naila Moon

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all beautiful songs. My favorites being What Child is This and The Holly and the Ivy. They are both such moving songs.
    Wishing you a very happy, healthy and successful new year filled with love and laughter.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive