Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Theatrical Thursday Recipe - Maverick Steak

I believe that this is recipe from James Garner, but am not certain.  I've had this recipe for some time now.  My husband likes to make it every now and then.  I got it from billcappello.com quite a few years ago on his page of celebrity recipes.  It is from an unknown book or magazine.  This is our version.


Maverick Steak  
(adapted from the original [pdf])
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup red wine
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon horseradish
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco

Combine all ingredients to be used as a marinade and basting sauce.

Select the desired cut of beef steak for bar-b-queuing and place in a dish or a zip-loc bag with the marinade.  Allow steak to marinate for a few hours to overnight in the refrigerator.  Bar-b-que the steak as desired, basting from time to time with the marinade.  

Theme from Maverick







If you are new here, please leave a comment so that I can follow you back.




6 comments:

  1. #1- LOVE the show- we have it on DVD and #2- hub will LOVE this recipe. Thank you!!
    Marie H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe sounds delicious!! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe looks very tasty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spicy, right up my alley. I will try this this summer. I just hope I don't go gambling and shooting afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive