Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tumbleweed Tuesday - Sons of Katie Elder Theme - RECIPE: Two Bean Chili

Howdy Partners
For today's music
The Theme Song to
The Sons of Katie Elder




Two Bean Chili

Approx. 3 pounds of stew meat or your favorite meat cut up into 1 to 2 inch cubes
-1 can kidney beans
-2 cans black beans (you can use two cans of kidney, and one can of black--your choice)
-28 oz. can of tomatoes, diced
-2 cups of beef broth
-2 large onions, chopped
-2 cloves garlic, sliced
-2 teaspoons oregano
-2 teaspoons cumin
-2 to 3 teaspoons of cilantro (to taste)
-1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-2 to 6 teaspoons of chili powder (to taste, we like a lot)
-2 teaspoons salt (or how much salt you would desired)
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Brown the meat over high heat in a pot (this sears the meat to keep the juices in).  Lower the heat to medium, don't drain, just add the onions to brown.  Then add all other ingredients.  Simmer for an hour or until meat is tender.  Stir every now and then.

My husband (my cook) says that recipes are a guide.  You can add and delete what you want for the flavor that you desire.  My sister and her husband entered a chili cook off once.  They asked my husband what kind of recipe they should use in order to win.  He told them what ingredients to use, to add lots of chili powder, and good tender meat.  They won!







Share


4 comments:

  1. Okay this is the perfect place for me on Tuesdays as I don't like to cook or think of things to cook so I'll be borrowing your recipes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, check back on Thursday/Friday for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Chili sounds wonderful! I'll have to give it a try as my hubby loves Chili. :) Stopping by from Karma Bloggers - newest follower on G+, GFC, Twitter and Facebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My family loves Chili and I can't wait to make this recipe for them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive