Bernice Three Column

Saturday, January 14, 2012

REVIEW and RECIPE -- Tyler's Coffee



Tylers Coffee is an acid free coffee that comes from South America from the finest hand-picked beans that are shipped to Arizona to be roasted to perfection.  The roasting process that is used is called, "Z-Roasting," which is a process that optimizes the time the coffee beans are cooked; the result is high levels of caffeine and free of acid. Benefits of an acid free coffee are tooth enamel is protected and teeth are stronger leading to fewer cavities.  Tyler’s will not contribute to acid related problems such as damaged tooth enamel, but guards against acid reflux, indigestion, upset stomach or heartburn.

Here is a quote directly from Tylers Coffee website:

 “If the acid level of the saliva stays below the point for an extended period of time, the outer layers of tooth structure begin to lose minerals and a cavity can from. Beverages that are high in sugar and acid content can cause the pH level of the saliva to reach this critical point. Drinking no acid coffee is a good alternative to high acid beverages."
-Dr. T. Richard Ziehmer, a dentist in Tucson, AZ
Tylers Coffee is offered in Regular and Decaf.  The regular is roasted is such a way where it will "rocket you forward" because the level of caffeine is more than other brands.  If you prefer decaf, Tylers also has just what you are looking for with Tylers Decaf Acid Free Coffee.  No chemicals are used to decaffeinate the coffee by using a Swiss Water Process that takes out the caffeine, yet leaves all the great flavor of the coffee been intact.

I served Tylers Coffee to my family when they were visiting last week.  I used up all of the sample pack that was sent to me, because I had so many that asked for a second cup.  My husband and I loved it also.  It has such a smooth flavor, and we did feel great and energized for the whole time everyone was visiting.


Here is a recipe that I found on Tylers Coffee website in their Coffee Talk section that I was going to try, but my family drank all of my Tylers up.  I was going to use the chocolate whipped cream instead of regular whipped cream that I had bought for the holidays.  Tylers Coffee posts a recipe a week on their site.

Easy Mocha Coffee
  • 1 cup hot brewed acide free Tylers Coffee
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons milk
Here is the best part...one step directions!

1.) Pour hot coffee into a mug. Stir in cocoa, sugar and milk.

If you want, you can also add a bit of whip cream and some chocolate drizzle for the complete look!

Wanna make it a little healthier? Cut out the whip cream and substitute the unsweetened cocoa powder for a dark variety and substitute the white sugar with either a bit of brown sugar or an artificial sweetner such as Splenda!


Share



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

45 comments:

  1. Yummy that coffee sounds delish! Never thought I could drink coffee before going to bed, and not keeping me up! Great info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of this coffee. I love the variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned that Tyler's Coffee is acid free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acidic coffee can actually discolor your teeth and wear away the enamel-which can cause cavities

    Michele
    MikiHope1@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. learned that it is acid free which is a big thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh - I have never heard of Z roasting! Sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something I learned & liked - No Chemicals are used in the process of decaffeination.
    I'm all for natural.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That their coffee is acid free. I never had a problem with until this year! Very excited about trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I learned that their level of caffeine exceeds most other coffees. That rocks! the low acidity sounds great too

    ReplyDelete
  10. I learned that it is acid free, which is really rare for coffee! Thanks for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I learned that Tyler's Coffee is good for people with all kinds of food sensitivities and allergies! I love the idea that I could enjoy 'one more cup' of coffee without feeling the burn mid-morning!

    Thanks!
    h4schaffer at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I learned that Freshness is maximized by using Mylar
    bags which are filled with carbon dioxide. By reducing oxygen in the
    packaging, we remove the impacts of oxidation, this all contributes to a
    better brew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learned Tylers was started when the owner was just 16 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that it's acid free! My hubs the coffee addict just got a dental check up with 4 cavities! He has NEVER had a cavity! It's from the very recent coffee addiction! :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I learned they have more caffine in their coffee than most brands. I likey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is high in caffeine and acid free

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tyler’s will not contribute to acid related problems such as damaged tooth
    enamel, acid reflux, indigestion, upset stomach or heartburn.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I learned it is acid free.
    aleksnearing gmail com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i learned that it's acid free & I love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would like the acid-free decaf in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tyler's Coffee is Tyler's Coffee is Acid Free with maximum flavor.-Erinn A

    ReplyDelete
  22. The decaf sounds good for us evening coffee drinkers ----Tyler's coffee has the same great taste as the regular coffee minus the rocket energy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that the low acid means that it doesn't cause heartburn, which I have a problem with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I learned that the coffee is acid free...I didn't know coffee had any type of acid :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It has a robust flavor without the bitterness.... awesome!

    Marlena Curley marlena.curley@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I learned that it is acid free (which my husband could really use!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tyler's Coffee has more caffeine than most other coffee.
    cori g
    sobey976 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. There is a roasting factory in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I learned that their coffee is acid free. That's a good thing for me.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I learnd that this coffee will not upset my stomach,I can enjoy my coffee once again

    ReplyDelete
  31. It is strong (which I love) but not bitter

    ReplyDelete
  32. I learned that tylers coffee is high in caffeine but low in acid which protects the enamel of our teeth!

    FB = Sandy Saves

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like that they have sample packs. Because you never know what flavor will be the best. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I learned the Arabica beans are shipped from South America to their roasting factory in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I learned that their acid-free formula is healthier for your teeth & gastric system!!! Thanks for the chance....

    ReplyDelete
  36. Web site didn't work...but I see that it's acid free!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Their web site was down but I went to their FB & learned they started in Tuscon, AZ, & that it's the only acid free coffee in the world.
    Dana Beeman: danabeeman(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like how it is acid free and it won't harm my sensitive stomach.
    Judy R

    ReplyDelete
  39. That sounds really good-will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  40. My husband is really into coffee, and loves mochas. I'll have to try this for him for sure! Thanks for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive