Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wordless Wednesday - Joshua Tree Blossoms with Linky



Today I am sharing some Joshua Tree blossoms right outside my home.
Click any picture to see it larger.










This last picture shows this year's blossom with what is left of last year's.
When the seed pods are fully mature, the ground squirrels will pillage them.  At the bottom of the Joshua Tree, the Mojave Green Rattlesnake waits for the squirrels to make a meal for themselves.







Share



20 comments:

  1. They're fascinating & beautiful. I had no idea what they looked like. Thanks very much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are beautiful! I didn't know that is what they looked like. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats is beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great pics. I love how Joshua trees look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen Joshua Trees before. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! I have never seen those before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice pictures. They remind me a bit of white lilacs. I have never heard of this tree before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Joshua Trees are more closely related to a lily.

      Delete
  8. How pretty, I have heard of a Joshua Tree, but have never before seen pictures...poor squirrels:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now, I have about ten of those little guys just sucking down the bird seed that we sit out for the quail. I didn't know we had so many around the house!

      Delete
  9. Those are neat, I've never seen anything like those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh thanks for showing a nother prospective of the Joshua tree, I personally think they are ugly but your pictures make me think twice

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cool! I don't think I've ever seen that before. Actually, I have no idea what Joshua tree is so I'm off to google it now. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive