Bernice Three Column

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday for March 26. 2012


Today's theme for the Monday's Music Moves Me is:
Favorite Male Artists

Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY , Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!

At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.

.
I have plenty of male artist that I love, mostly the old stuff, but so classy and classic.  For my fave guys today, I decided to post a few of my favorite male composers.

For today--
Frank Mills playing The Happy Song
Frank Mills in more known for his Music Box Dancer hit of the 70's.  Music Box Dancer was Mills' only U.S. Top 40 pop hit; the follow-up, another piano instrumental titled "Peter Piper", peaked at #48 on the Billboard Hot 100 although it was a popular Top 10 hit on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. Mills managed one final Adult Contemporary chart entry, "Happy Song", which peaked at #41 at the beginning of 1981.

Another favorite male artist of mine is John Williams.  John Williams is the composer for so many of our contemporary movies--Star Wars, Jaws, Superman, Harry Potter, Home Alone, to name a few.  Did you also know that he composed the music to Gilligan's Island and Lost in Space?

Theme Song to Indiana Jones






Don't forget to link up your music post at Jade Louis Designs, too!

Gotta love Garfield.





Share





If you like this post, please leave a comment and share with your friends.

13 comments:

  1. Well, these were interesting pics for male artists and a welcome break from pop and rock stars. I love that you thought outside of the box and shared male composers. Well done!

    My girls and I always "sing" the Indiana Jones theme song whenever we talk about our adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Star Wars and Indiana Jones! I wasn't aware that the same man did the music for all of those shows.

    And yes I do love Garfield!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so absolutely right on the money with John Williams. This is an excellent pick! I wish I had thought of it, but I went a different direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed that Happy Song today! And I LOVE Indiana Jones - never knew the same guy composed so much awesome music, he's a genius! :) So yes, I LOVE your choices today! ;)


    I’m Gonna Miss Her in Suntan City and Won’t Go Home Without You because Footloose is Just The Way You Are

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter too? Now I'm interested in John Williams. I like Indiana Jones. Happy MOnday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we listen to John Williams so much, that when a new movie comes out, we can recognize his style.

      Delete
  6. Hahahaha! Love Garfield and love your posts! Gotta love Indian Jones! We just watched the movie recently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love John Williams!! The best EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't go wrong with the Happy Song and I love John Williams!!
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I never thought of it that way. Most excellent idea thanks so much for sharing, and for the compliment comment you left. Your a sweetie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really should see the Indiana Jones movies in it's entirety.

    Love the cartoon too :)

    Thanks for sharing with us! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indiana Jones my all time favorite movie to put my feet up, and watch. What an interesting way to look at today's theme. Very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of my comments. If you have a family friendly blog, please leave your link. I would love to stop by and give you a visit. Any content that is not family friendly or that is spam will be removed without prejudice.

Blog Archive