Bernice Three Column

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday for April 23, 2012

Today's Theme: Grandma's Favorites

On the Good Ship Lollipop
Shirley Temple
From Bright Eyes




Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B
The Andrew Sisters
From the 1941 movie, Buck Privates




This is a Blog Hop

Photobucket


Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY , Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!

At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.

The top two people are this week's Spotlight Dancers.
Be sure to stop by and say "Hello!"
This week's theme is Grandma's Favorite Song or One Hit Wonders


 
If you like this post, please leave a comment and share with your friends.


13 comments:

  1. "..and there you are, happy landing on a chocolate bar..." Cute little girl :) And lovely Andrews sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain my grandma may have liked these picks, too. I know I do! Thanks for linking up this week. =D

    Love Train Presents: One Hit Wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome choices. I loved listening and singing along to both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such awesome classics - I love watching old movies, especially when they have Shirley Temple or the Andrews Sisters in them! :)


    What’s Up? I’m Too Sexy for Black Velvet, so call me: 867-5309 ‘cuz I Want Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All new ones for me. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Marvelous Music Mondays are so much fun! Love the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly always pick the great ones. I love both of these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww some great oldies there! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my oldies! Thanks for sharing!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love Shirley Temple, and have many of her movies. This one is one of my favorites too. The other favorite is Heidi. I tell ya I was born in the wrong era. I should've been born in World War II days. Love the Andrew Sisters especially when they played with Abbot & Costello. Too funny. Thanks for sharing and joining this week. Hope to see you next week too! Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are fantastic! I'm sad I missed Music Monday this week! But Our site was under construction. We'll be back next week to link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! Good old songs to travel you back in time...

    ReplyDelete
  13. You picked excellent songs - I am totally in love with Shirley Temple and share that love with my youngest son who is now 21. We used to watch her movies together when he was a little boy, so you brought back great memories. =)
    I also loved Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy for two reasons, I did a dance to it as a teenager and then sang it in our Community Chorus in my 40's.
    So glad you continue to play along each week and hope you keep doing so. Have a wonderful week and enjoy the rest of the Spring.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive