Bernice Three Column

Monday, April 23, 2012

REVIEW—Butt Bench | Style and Elegance—Storage and Security

I love to take a long and relaxing shower.  I like to get my shower nice and hot and steamy with all my shower goodies with me.  I have my scrub brush for my back, my loufah for the rest of me, an extra sponge, shampoo, conditioner, a razor, shaving cream, soap...just so many articles.  I usually have to leave them on the little cupoard next to me.  That is such a hassle.  I want them in the shower with me.  Opening up the shower curtain gets water all over the place, too.  I am not a happy camper when it comes to that.  Then there are times, I would just love to sit, and enjoy the steaminess of the shower like it is a bit of a sauna.  The edge of the bathtub is no place to sit.  Our cast iron tub is cold, and just plain uncomfortable.  Sit in the tub?  I am taking a shower, not a bath.  Just doesn't feel right.

Well, I have found something that takes care of the situation for me; The Butt Bench, The All-In-One Bathtub Seat


"Butt Bench® is a sturdy, high-quality patent-pending bathtub seat made of natural wood. This tub seat supports your weight – use it to make shaving easier, or sit down, relax, and turn your shower into a sauna. Butt Bench is also a great bathtub storage ledge!"

I feel like I am showering in style now.  It fits so perfect across our tub.  Check out the picture.  It adds elegance to our bathroom.  It is not some sterile plastic seat that looks like it belongs in some hospital, but beautiful and fashionable wood.  Butt Bench kindly sent me the cedar bench to do a review with.  The natural cedar color is highlighted in our pink bathroom.  It looks beautiful.  Then the functionality of it all!  Not only can I put all my little accessories in there, but my girls love it.

My three daughters have even more showering accessories than I do.  They can put everything in there that they need.  At first when I told them that I would be doing a review for the Butt Bench they thought I was bringing in a utility seat for an older person, and was a little resentful about it.  But once they started using it, they quickly changed their minds.  They find that they can shave their legs so much more easily, and have room for all the little things they want in the shower with them.

I did have my mother and grandmother come over and try it out.  I let them hold it, so they can see how light weight the seat is, and how perfect it would be for an older person to use it.  They were very impressed with the sturdiness of the seat.  My mother emphasized that she felt very secure on the seat.  They loved that it was so easy to install requiring no special tools.  Just set it on the tub, and make sure that the suction cups in the back were securely pressed on to the back tile.  It is so easy for anyone to install.

This is just truly something that would be a great asset for anyone to have in their home.  Great for families with children because it makes a perfect shelf to hold toys.  Terrific for women, be it that you just want more comfort, or you are pregnant. (Oh gosh! What a great comfort safety seat for that occasion! Wish I had one when I was expecting.)  Fantastic for the elderly who need safety and security in the bath, but don’t want to sacrifice style and elegance in their bathroom.

The Butt Bench will fit any standard tub that is 30" wide, and has sides that are at least an inch wide.  Unfortunately, it will not fit on one piece fiberglass tubs and bath tubs that have glass siding doors.  It can hold a person up to 300 lbs.  You can get two different sizes for your comfort: 12" or 15". It comes in either pine (natural, white, or pink) and cedar, but both are sealed with a water-proof finish.  The prices for the Butt Bench start at only $43.95.

Here's where you can find all the information that you need for the Butt Bench, their website, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.




If you like this post, please leave a comment and share with your friends.



Many thanks to Butt Bench. who provided a product or sample for this Review. I was not paid to do this review, nor required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

22 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I wish I had one! It looks so nice in your tub.

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I've been looking at this for awhile and have been thinking I really need one!
    Whirlwind of Surprises

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how pretty! I like that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would be great for my bathroom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so pretty. We are expecting our 4th and I think I would like one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea... I'd love to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just had one of those head thunk moments. Why haven't I thought of this before? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to have one of these too. Would make it much easier if I could sit down when shaving my legs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I have so much space in my shower that this is something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really nice and so clever. I love the looks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! Such a unique product - Would make shaving so much more easier. I always sit when I'm shaving my legs, and the bottom of the tub is always so cold, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great in your bathroom!
    Joy H

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow I really like this! It would make things so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This would be perfect for me. A white one would look great in my bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this would be AMAZING for my mom who is in a wheelchair - thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this looks great! i would love a butt bench in the bathtub !

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love this concept! Definitely something we could use in this home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think it looks really neat! But I can't get over the name "Butt Bench." I just want to laugh everytime! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now if I only had a tub! Following you on GFC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to have one of these in my bathroom =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh, I found a review I didn't put a comment on! Woo Hoo I did a review on one of these. It was cool for a while, but then it only got in my way and especially hubby's and when he almost fell because of it I decided to give it to my Aunt Mitzi. She needs to sit through the whole shower. She loved it. ;) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive