Bernice Three Column

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday for June 18, 2012

Summer will be here in a few days, but here in our desert, summer has already started. 

Summer Fly
Hayley Westenra

It Might As Well Rain Until September
Carole King

Now for a very old summer song.
In The Good Ol' Summertime
recorded in 1906 by the Haydn Quartet


This is a Blog Hop
Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.

The top two people are this week's Spotlight Dancers, which I am honored to be one this week.
Be sure to stop by and say "Hello!"
Today's theme is a Freebie, so you can choose whatever music you would like.  We do like to keep the music at PG13 or below.  If you have any music that may be considered too graphic, please let us know.
Today's Theme is Summer Songs


Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.











12 comments:

  1. Holy Cow these are really creative. I've loved what you've done. Carol King I don't even recognize her much less recognize her voice, but I can sorta tell and that last one oh my gosh that sounds like it's from an old Victrola LOL GREAT = TOTALLY LOVE IT - YOU SO ROCK MY FRIEND.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Marie, you've gotten totally creative with your summer picks. Hayley Westernra is new to me, but I definitely enjoyed her song. I've heard of Carole King before, but I don't think I've heard this song, though. You can tell it's from the 50s or 60s for sure. As old as the last one is, I bet it originally was played on a victrola. My in-laws have a victrola in their livingroom which belonged to my FIL's parents. It's so beautiful! Thanks for bringing an fun groove to our summer theme week!

    Hot Summer Songs Rocks 4M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Marie and Cathy - what creativity! :) I've never heard of Hayley before - her song is hauntingly beautiful. I don't think I've ever heard that Carole King song before, either - or the last one...what classics! :) Have a great week Danielle! :)


    Chasing The Sun on a Pontoon while Drunk On You with a Groovy Little Summer Song on these Summer Nights in the Summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayley has a beautiful voice and a young Carole King, wow! A barbershop quartet from 1906, wow, what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your summer picks but it also reminded me of so many others that feature summer as their theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol King- what a classic! You have got some great classic summer music here! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great idea to start a Monday morning off with music. We turned on our music once I read your post and it has put us in a cheerful mood!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to agree with everyone...love this creative mix! And Hayley's voice is giving me chills. perfect to beat the summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carole King brought back some memories, good picks :-)

    Thanks for stopping by have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know how to delight the crowd dahling. I enjoyed these!

    Happy dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that you are always thinking outside out of the jukebox with your Music Monday picks. Really great summer time tunes here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was unfamiliar with the first two, but LOVED the Haydn Quartet :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive