Bernice Three Column

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday - Honoring June Brides - for June 4, 2012

Mondays just come so quickly!  Time once again for Marvelous Music Monday.
 
Today's theme is Wedding Songs for June Brides: Songs You usually hear at weddings

@---}---

Spotlight Dancers

So thrilled, also, to be one of the Spotlight Dancers for the Monday's Music Moves Me!

Why not start with the Wedding March

Love Story
Andy Williams

This is the Day

 And, for fun, Bing Crosby singing "I Love You Truly" with George Stoll with his Orchestra from 1934.
This is a nice old fashioned song that used to be sung at weddings.




GEORGIE STOLL AND HIS ORCHESTRA with Bing Crosby - I Love You Truly .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine


This is a Blog Hop
Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.

The top two people are this week's Spotlight Dancers, which I am honored to be one this week.
Be sure to stop by and say "Hello!"
This week's theme for Monday's Music Moves Me is: Wedding songs FOR ALL OUR JUNE BRIDES, songs you usually here at weddings.
@---}---


Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.




17 comments:

  1. Way to go for being in the 4M spotlight! You totally rock!!! Love Story is so beautiful! No one can touch Andy Williams with his silky smooth voice. He's one of my favorites of all time. You have some great wedding favorites picked out. Keep rocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your choices!! Any Williams and Bing Crosby, love them. In my day, many brides were no longer using the Bridal Chorus and it is so beautiful and This is the Day is one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Bridal Chorus, and I made sure that the organist at my wedding knew I wanted that played, and the Wedding March.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful songs! They never grow old. I love playing the Bridal March on the piano for no reason. It sounds nice even on the piano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love playing it every now and then, too. Always puts a little tear in my eye. Can't wait to hear it being played someday for when my children marry.

      Delete
  4. Great song choices! My sister-in-law and I are helping to host a bridal tea next Sunday! It sure is a busy time of year for weddings. Gets expensive! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just here via Stacy Uncorked. I love your classical selections for wedding music :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wedding songs could be complicated, but you've picked some nice ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these old classics are just beautiful. I have to say though my favorites are Andy and Bing. I love the music the old crooners sang.

    Congrats on the Spotlight.



    ~Naila Moon
    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/mondays-music-move-mejune-4-2010.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, CONGRATS FOR THE SPOTLIGHT and I can see you doing a slow romantic dance! Those are some of the top wedding love songs for sure. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well we are actually going to a wedding June 16 ! I wonder what their wedding song will be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the old classics! Great song choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, when I saw your title the first thing that popped into my head is the song from 7 brides for 7 brothers..."Oh they say when you marry in June..." http://youtu.be/faQHDd1KEwg lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Bing!
    You have a very good selections here! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being in the Spotlight!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being chosen as a Spotlight Dancer!

    I enjoyed all of your picks this week; they are very old school and very sweet :)

    Have a musical week!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive