Bernice Three Column

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Theatrical Thurdsday for June 28, 2012: Kids-In-Mind & Rise of the Guardians


Kids-In-Mind

Have you ever been surprised when going to a movie to find something in it that you don't want your child to see?  Then head on over to Kids-In-Mind before you head to the theater.  It is a site that we frequently go to to find what is in movies.  When I say what is in movies, I mean how much sex is in it, how much profanity, how much violence and gore. 

Here is an example.  We have all heard of Brave that recently came out.  Now, I am not going to go see it because there are men's bare buttocks shown.  That is not something that I want my children to see.  It is partial computer animated nudity.  I did not know that it had bare buttocks, or I would never have blogged about it from the beginning.  There was a great message associated with Brave, cherishing your family and traditions.  It has a wonderful storyline. Yet, I am glad to know something about it before I am surprised at the theater. (Brave on Kids-In-Mind)

If you wish to know what you will be seeing in a movie before you go, check out Kids-In-Mind.  (I was not paid for this post.)

Rise of the Guardians


An epic and magical adventure that tells the story of Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, the Sandman, and Jack Frost - legendary characters with previously unknown extraordinary abilities. When an evil spirit known as Pitch lays down the gauntlet to take over the world, the immortal Guardians must join forces to protect the hopes, beliefs and imagination of children everywhere... Legends Unite !






Coming to theaters November 21, 2012

Starring: Chris Pine (Jack Frost), Alec Baldwin (North), Hugh Jackman (Bunnymund), Isla Fisher (Tooth Fairy), Jude Law (Pitch)






Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.






5 comments:

  1. This is a good site to know about. I knew about the mooning part and was prepared to tell my grand kids it was not appropriate behavior. I didn't know about the bare buttocks so now I'll have to talk to my daughter about that before we all head to the theater. I'll let her make the choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as a side note about the film. Isn't it amazing that they put this into the movie for humor but would have someone arrested if they saw someone doing it to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew there was a site like that - I will have to keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome that there is a site like this. Again, you find the best sites!! BTW, the love Chris Pine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Linky Party. I hope you have a wonderful weekend xo P.S. I'm having a party at Katherines Corner today and you are invited!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive