Bernice Three Column

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday for July 2, 2012: My Country, 'Tis of Thee

'Tis the week of our Independence Day
Three Cheers for the Red, White, and Blue!
I have a few Patriotic Songs to share for this week.
Enjoy!
Here is a song that we started off each day with in my Kindergarten class at First Lutheran School in Monrovia, California.
My Country, 'Tis of Thee
 
This anthem was written by Samuel Francis Smith and based upon the melody of God Save the Queen.

This next song was in the running for our National Anthem.
Columbia, Gem of the Ocean

From the Disney movie, Johnny Tremain
Son's of Liberty
This is the end of the movie, right after the Boston Tea Party, a great moment in our American history.

I have ancestors that go back to before the Revolution, and some that came from Mexico, but I am, and always will be an American first.  I love my country, and thank so much those terrific men throughout our history who pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor for our country.

This is a blog hop.
Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.

The top two people are this week's Spotlight Dancers, which I am honored to be one this week.
Be sure to stop by and say "Hello!"
This week's theme for Monday's Music Moves Me is: Patriotic Songs.


Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.





8 comments:

  1. Oh that's too great! What ever made you think of that Disney one? I love it! Great choices and goose bumps with every one. Thanks for playing along with us, and don't forget to enter our give-aways for our 100th wk. celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2nd song was new to me.

    The Disney one was interesting. The only thing is my Native American heritage went "ouch" a bit.

    However, I am like you, I love our country even with the problems it has! I am so glad I was born here! :)
    Happy 4th!
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/06/mondays-music-moves-mejuly-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great patriotic picks! America, home of the brave! God bless America, always and let freedom rock n' roll forever! Thanks for linking up with us another week, Danielle! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Naila; I've never heard of the second song before and I did not know it was in the running as a contender for The National Anthem!

    I learned something today :)

    Have a musical week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting selections, Danielle! I had no idea so much patriotic music existed. Instead of "My Country 'Tis of Thee," we learned "This Land Is Your Land" in kindergarten. I remember singing that one a good bit during my elementary school days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why that Gem of the ocean was in the running!

    Wow. I love the history parts you shared too.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choices for our Patriotic theme this week.
    Knowing the story behind our National Anthem, I'm glad that we have "The Star-Spangled Banner" as our anthem.

    Don't forget to enter the giveaways... you've been such a great supporter of ours from the beginning - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love 'My Country tis of Thee', just love it!
    Your selections are perfect for this theme, loved them.
    Have a safe and Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive