Bernice Three Column

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday: It's a Small World After All - July 16, 2012

Today, I will be honoring Robert Sherman who passed away on March 5, 2012.  
Robert Sherman, far right, and brother Richard Sherman, far left, are shown with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke in 1963. Andrews and Van Dyke starred in the Disney film "Mary Poppins," which the brothers scored. (Disney )
 Robert Sherman was an American songwriter who specialized in musical films with his brother Richard Morton Sherman. Some of the Sherman Brothers' best known songs were incorporated into movies and animations like Mary Poppins, The Jungle Book, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Slipper and the Rose, Charlotte's Web and the theme park song of "It's a Small World (After All)". Wikipedia

It's a Small World After All
...and don't say, "No, no, anything but that!"
(Can anyone guess what cartoon that line came from?)


The Disneyland Chorus - It's A Small World at the Magic Kingdom Park It's A Small World .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

From The Jungle Book
"I Wanna Be Like You"

From Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
"Chu-Chi Face"
(The one where Baron Bomburst tries to get rid of his Baroness)

Last, but not least,
From Mary Poppins
"Chim Chim Cher-ee"


This is a blog hop.
Photobucket
Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.
This week's theme for Monday's Music Moves Me is "Gone, but not forgotten.  A tribute to those amazing artists we've lost recently!



Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.









12 comments:

  1. Awesome person to honor and of course I like the song choices to go with it.
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/07/mondays-music-moves-megone-but-not.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to start off the week - with fun Disney classics! Those will have me hoppin' all day :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tribute! Once again, you thought outside of the jukebox and offered a lesser known artist for Xmas Dolly's in memorandum theme. The general public may have not known his name, but they all hum and sing his work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am rocking along this am!! I love the Disney tunes!! THank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun linky topic! I am not familiar with these songs but I love how you posted about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's a cool choice and all those songs he put together are so memorable from the first note.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome tribute! I hadn't realized one of the Sherman Brothers was gone - such talented guys! LOVE all your song choices! :) Have a great week! :)


    Our Day Will Come so I Wanna Dance With Somebody at Heartbreak Hotel but not Nasty Dan because Some Things Never Change when you’re Hooked On An 8 Second Ride

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason that 2nd song reminds me that I've never really sang happy birthday to me :) just like that :)

    Thanks for sharing your music. I love learning about old ones like these. And I totally want to giggle at the chochie oochei part.lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic choice! too often we overlook these kind of musicians too. Really, really enjoyed re-visiting all these songs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. some awesome songs many of which I have learned and love to sing along come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remembered this one, too. I like the way you paid tribute to him alone making it all the more special. Good job! Keep the memories alive of these true musical talents and the groove a movin' your soul this week! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive