Bernice Three Column

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Silly Saturday with some Silly Boys for July 21, 2012



I didn't have much time this last week to do joke searching, so I found these instead.

Meet Ralph Phillips who has one big imagination.

In his first of two Warner Bros. cartoons, schoolboy Ralph Phillips daydreams in class, the lessons inspiring his fantasy heroics, such as being a pony-express rider, a deep-sea diver, a boxing champion and even General Douglas MacArthur.

From A to Z-Z-Z-Z




Here is Ralph's second adventure:
Young Ralph Phillips is scolded for breaking a window and sent to his room, where he lets his imagination run riot and fantasizes he is in prison, next that he is in Africa, and then that he is a space ace pilot who single-handedly thwarts a Martian invasion.

Boyhood Daze
 

Now for some Peanuts fun.
Lucy is tired of her little brother having to carry around that blanket of his.  She goes into the extreme with this week's them.  Poor Linus.
(You can click any of them to enlarge)

7/16

7/17

7/18

7/19

7/20

7/21

We are just going to have to wait and see if Linus gets his blanket back.

Did you have a blanket that you were fond of when you were young?  I did.  I still remember rolling up in an old crib blanket and it being too big for me.  I was so sad when my mother had to throw it away because it was just in tatters.




Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.





3 comments:

  1. How fun, I have never seen those cartoons before.

    I still have my "blanky" from when I was little, it's in surprisingly good shape. However I had a tiny bean bag Minnie Mouse that I slept with and dragged everywhere with me, that eventually had so much love it fell apart. That was a sad day for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah - I remember him! I don't remember him ever having a name but that kid had some serious imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny! YOu find the best cartoons ever!! And I never know half of them so I love that you introduce them to me. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive