Bernice Three Column

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday for August 27, 2012

Today, I would like to share with you a song from my high school prom.  It is the only song I remember from that night.  It was the song that my "future" husband and I danced the light fantastic together so well. 

"Dust in the Wind"
Kansas
Egads! All that hair!

Here is another that we danced to:

"Eye of the Tiger"
Survivor

What was your favorite from your prom?

Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.
This week's theme is a Freebie.  Just post whatever music that you wish.  It your music does contain anything explicit, please say so in the linky.




Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.



9 comments:

  1. While I agree dust in the wind is a great song but as a prom song? Wouldn't that just be a little too depressing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were young, and it's beautiful and melodious. What does it matter to 18 year olds.

      Delete
  2. I hadn't thought about Dust in the Wind being a bit too depressing for a prom, but I kinda sorta agree with Wayne. Of course, teens may have not thought about it like that. The Eye of the Tiger is an excellent dance song. I was in college the year this came out. It was also the year Knoxville hosted the World's Fair - crazy, fun memories! You so rock, girl and have done a stand up job as co-host this month!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great choices, Danielle! I never thought of Dust in the Wind as a depressing song - but sure, a great slow-dancing song to get close to your honey. ;) Thanks so much for being an awesome co-host with us this month! :)


    I’m Wide Awake why don’t you Call Me Maybe – it’s Not Your Birthday, so We’ll Be A Dream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,boy, I remember both of these songs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Song to shake your bootie to get him interested, and then a song for body contact. Oh yeah! Wonderful night filled with wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great retro music!Eye of the Tiger is an epic!
    Mine is here
    Have you a FANTABULOUS MUSICAL WEEK!!!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bring in the Tiger! I loves it!

    Thanks for rocking out honey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great song picks. I remember them most from movies. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of my comments. If you have a family friendly blog, please leave your link. I would love to stop by and give you a visit. Any content that is not family friendly or that is spam will be removed without prejudice.

Blog Archive