Bernice Three Column

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday - Just a Swingin' - August 13, 2012

This week's theme is Country.

This first one is one of my favorites when I was in high school.
John Anderson
Swingin'


Tompall & The Glaser Bros.
Put Another Log on the Fire


Eddie Rabbit
I Love a Rainy Night


For those of you who are adventurous
Hank Williams
I Saw the Light
The song starts at about 45 seconds.


Photobucket


Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.
This week's theme is "Country"





Do you have a family friendly blog? Please comment, and leave a link to your blog. I would love to come on over to visit.




14 comments:

  1. omg, I haven't heard Swingin' in a looong time! Makes me want to dance lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeeeehaaaaww! Not my favourite genre but I'll try anything once - and twice to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie Rabbit's song, I Love A Rainy Night is really an awesome pick! And, I just loved how you included Hank Williams' "I Saw the Light". That one brings lots of memories back as my grandparents & parents would sing that in church. Thanks for sharing these classical country tunes. You're doing a fab job as this month's co-conductor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing choices! Takes me back to when I was little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're really talking some down hom music here. I loves it! Nice & twangy! I saw the light I could remember on Hee Haw I believe. LOL Great pickins' LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh the classics. I always enjoy when I get to.

    Thanks for sharing and rocking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these songs haven't heard Swinging in forever thank you really enjoyed this

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Saw The Light, wow, can't tell you how long it has been since I have listened to that great song. Great choices!
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great song choices. I love John Anderson! :)

    Ashley @ Dr. Pepper Diva

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all sound great to me. I feel like watching a movie, being in the story at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too "Love A Rainy Night"....I was just playing it the other day for my kids because it was raining and since we couldn't go outside, it turned into a big kitchen dance party. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good set of choices thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive