Bernice Three Column

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday - The Power of Love - September 24, 2012

The theme for this week's Monday Music Moves Me is songs from the year of your child's birth.  I have six children ranging from 1984 to 1996, but I won't be posting six songs, just two.

 Here is a top song from 1984.
"Uptown Girl" from Billy Joel

 Hm...let's see.  I have five other years to choose from.  Bet not too many people can brag that!

From 1985, "The Power of Love" from Back to the Future--Huey Lewis & The News

OK, I only exploited the first two.  Are we having fun yet?

Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.
This week's theme is Music from the year of your child's birth or your birth if you have no children.




11 comments:

  1. Uptown Girl! Man,I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day!

    Visiting from Xmas Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both of these I remember listening to these songs all the time

    Come Say HI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two excellent songs from the 80s which really make you wanna dance. What? You have 7 children?! That's amazing and you're so right not many can brag about that. At one point, I had wished we started earlier in our marriage with our family and then later realized things worked out beautiful just with the three we have been blessed with. God knows precisely what He's doing, doesn't He? lol I mean, the truth is if we had had more than this then I wouldn't have any hair left. Thanks for sharing these great hits on Monday's Music Moves Me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tunes got my Monday morning going! Thanks for the choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful retro!!! Mine is here
    Have you a MUSICALLY ROCKING WEEK!!!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two greats as usual! Billy Joel is getting around this morning I'll tell ya! Movin' & a groovin' this morning for sure and you're just keepin' the flow my friend. Great choices. Have rockin' week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, Power of Love...have not heard that in forever. Or seen Back to the Future. Guess we know what will be happening in my home this evening! LOL
    Billy Joel is always happy thoughts for me because I can remember my mom playing his music when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree about Uptown girl being stuck in my head. Every time I listen to it, that's what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant and both classics :-)

    Have a good week ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive