Bernice Three Column

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday for October 8, 2012


Happy Columbus Day!


Let's Celebrate Columbus Day in song.

From Disney's Aladdin
"A Whole New World"

From Disney's So Dear To My Heart
"Stick-to-it-ivity"
Just because it mentions Christopher Columbus



Photobucket

Want to play along?  It's simple!
1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.  If you do post something that is explicit, please say so in the linky.
This week's theme is music that you listen to loud.



So I went a little off course today and posted Columbus Day music.  I do have a bit of a disclaimer for those who might find Columbus Day a bit offensive.  I asked my sister-in-law Gloria, a full blooded Apache-Navajo, if she would be offended.   She said not in the least, and she loved what songs I picked.
So, this post is Gloria approved!









11 comments:

  1. Oh how cute. I absolutely love it & your choices & to ask your SIL that how nice of you. Great choice & I forgot all about Columbus Day Shame on me! Great choices. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Disney Whole New World Song... never thought about it as a Columbus Day Anthem, but it does fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disney songs so nice and uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Disney music.
    I especially love that you got it SIL approved.
    Part Cherokee here. :)
    ~Naila Moon

    http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/2012/10/mondays-music-moves-meoct-8-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. all Disney songs should be listen to on high volume

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Becca! :)

    I've definitely heard of the first song, but I can't say I've heard of the second one. Regardless, I enjoyed both ^.^

    Thanks for sharing these blast-worthy songs with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must be what he did say when he traveled to all these unknowns.

    Very good selections!

    Have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dancing a day late, but you know what I always say…"better late than never!" Disney always produces some fantastic music for their movies. Thanks for sharing your not-so-Turn Up the Volume song picks on Monday's Music Moves Me - great selection anyhow and worth calling attention to the birth of a new nation! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sang along with A Whole New World, and I am not ashamed to admit I knew every word. Still one of my fave Disney songs, hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will always love Disney songs. Great songs, Danielle!! Mine is here
    Have you a ROCKING AND BLESSED WEEK!!!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive