Bernice Three Column

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Marvelous Music Monday - Western Kids TV Theme Songs - November 12, 2012


Time to visit the old west, when television was best.
No foul language, no scantily dressed people.  Just good clean entertainment at its best.

I loved watching these shows when I was young.
They are still great!

Theme from "The Lone Ranger"
"The Lone Ranger" was on television between 1949 and 1957, but began much earlier on radio in 1933.  It starred Clayton Moore as that masked ex-ranger, and Jay Silverheels as his faithful companion, Tonto.  Together they fought injustice in the American old west.  The theme song is part of the William Tell Overture.

Who will ever forget:
Tonto referring to the "Lone Ranger" as "Ke-mo sah-bee", which means "trusty scout" or "trusted friend."
"Hi Ho Sliver, Away!"
The silver bullet.
And, as they galloped off together, someone would ask, "Who was that masked man anyway?"
I'll tell you who they both were, iconic legends of American culture.


The theme to "The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin"
"The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin" ran from October 15, 1954 through August 28, 1959. It starred Lee Aaker as Rusty; James Brown as Lt. Rip Masters; Joe Sawyer as Sgt. Biff O'Hara; Rand Brooks as Cpl. Boone. Rusty was orphaned following a raid, after which he and his dog Rin Tin Tin were adopted by the Cavalry at Ft. Apache, Arizona. Rin Tin Tin's trainer was Lee Duncan.  Check out the official Rin Tin Tin website here.


The theme to "The Rifleman"
The Rifleman is a great western story starring Chuck Conners as Lucas McCain and Johnny Crawford as his son, Mark.  This series was one of the first to show a widower raising a child alone.  Its setting was in North Folk, New Mexico Territory in the 1880s.  It aired from 1958 to 1963.


Photobucket







Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

5 comments:

  1. I watched the Lone Ranger in reruns after school,loved it. Not familiar with the other two.
    Thanks for sharing and Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! We use to watch both of those shows. My Dad loved them and so did my mom. My brother was glued to the TV when Rifleman came on. Wow that was a blast from the past! Fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember watching the lone ranger as a kid best show ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh cool Rin tin tin!
    I need to let my kids see this classic!

    Very nice selections!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched all of these, except Rin Tin Tin and I don't know why that was unless it wasn't aired. Sorry for the delay in getting over, but you know how that goes sometimes. =D Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of my comments. If you have a family friendly blog, please leave your link. I would love to stop by and give you a visit. Any content that is not family friendly or that is spam will be removed without prejudice.

Blog Archive