Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles - Recipe


I would like to share with you a few recipes that we make for Christmas.  If you love chocolate chip cookie dough, here is a candy recipe that safe to eat because it contains no raw eggs:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
adapted from Recipe Girl

Ingredients

  • 1/2 Cup Butter (softened)
  • 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Cups Flour
  • 1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips


For Dipping

  • 1 pound Chocolate for melting--either milk chocolate, dark chocolate or white chocolate
  • A tablespoon or two of shortening to add to the chocolate to thin it out a bit.


In an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until well creamed together.  Add vanilla.  With mixer on low, slowly add in the flour, until completely incorporated.  It will be very dry.  Beat in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.  Stir in the mini chocolate chips.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  The dough should be very firm.

Line a baking tray with parchment paper or wax paper.  Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll in hands to form balls.  You can make the dough balls 1/2" up to 1"--it's all your preference on how big you would like them.  Refrigerate again for at least 30 minutes, or until you are ready to dip.

Melt chocolate in a microwavable bowl or using a double boiler. Add one or two tablespoons of shortening to make the chocolate a bit more thinner for dipping.  Dip dough into melted chocolate.  Place on lined baking tray.  At this time you can decorate with sprinkles, colored sugars, chocolate chips, etc.  Allow the chocolate to fully harden.  Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

35 comments:

  1. Oh those sound temptingly delicious! I love cookie dough anything--too bad I can't eat anymore-makes me very sad--

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make the perfect treat for my SIL. She would seriously go crazy for these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious, and not too difficult to make, either! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I gained some pounds just looking at the photo. These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look fun to make and fun to eat!! My grand kids would love making them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so good and easy to make. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, oh my goodness! Who doesn't love cookie dough?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I had seen this sooner I could have had something to give my neighbors when they brought me cookies. *prints post for next year*

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look delicious. I love cookie dough anything so im sold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look so good! Perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This appeals to the kiddie in you for that cookie dough with the sophistication of a truffle - you can satisfy all your longings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so Delicious, I would serve them on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! These look so tasty! I love everything cookie dough related. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look yummy! My grandchildren love cookie dough! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look so good. I would not be able to stop eating them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We make these every Christmas, my daughter loves them. My husband prefers them without the chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look so good, I'm pinning to make as soon as I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks like a nice recipe to make for the granddaughters when they come. They both are like little Cake Bosses and well, this might give some training for later....

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look so good! I can eat cookie dough ANYTHING :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to try these or to give them to one of my loved ones as a gift! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! These are making me so hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know we all love cookie dough and I for one am a fan but cant eat to much because I'll get a tummy ache, but these look really good. YUM~~

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks like a wonderfully simple recipe

    ReplyDelete
  24. These look amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the recipe. These looks delicious. Holiday cooking is just around the corner

    ReplyDelete
  26. Although I am limited to solely using one side of my upper body, a recipe like this brings back some wonderful memories. Thanks for the great recipes as I intend to share your awesome site with many others that I know will be amazed!

    computertech2you@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm going to have to try these. My son loves cookie dough!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive