Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

ChiliCloud Coconut Gel X2 Pillow from Chili Technology - Review


My husband has been having a hard time sleeping lately.  He has tried melatonin, sleepy time teas, exhaustive exercise to no avail.  His usually uses two polyester fill pillows that I got him last year, but have since flattened as they are so prone to do.  I do have a contour memory foam pillow that I let him try it.  He didn't like the contours, and after five minutes, gave it back to me.  His tossing and turning all night has been keeping me awake, too.  I knew his sleep problem most likely stemmed from those pillows, so I did a search looking for something better for him.
 


What I found for him is a ChiliCloud Coconut Gel X2 Pillow from Chili Technology.  It is a big memory foam pillow with a layer of 3D gel on both sides of the pillow.  This pillow has really made a big change in my husband's sleeping habits.



What makes this pillow, the ChiliCloud Coconut Gel X2 Pillow, so different from other memory foam pillows?


The 3D gel keeps a person much cooler at night, and cooler is proven to help people sleep better.  The 3D gel is more deeply grooved to allow more cooling against the face.  Chili Technology sent us the Gel X2 pillow with the cooling 3D gel on both sides of the pillow that offers the ability to absorb and dissipate heat throughout the night.  This just means that if my husband feels like it in the night, he can turn the pillow over and get a cooler side.


This memory foam is made with real coconut oil, a renewable source, thus reducing the amount of petroleum the pillow is made with.  The Ecoscience memory foam has an open cell structure that allows the pillow to breathe thus keeping the sleeper cooler.  The memory foam is made for maximum support and comfort.


There are two covers over the pillow.  The inner cover is a permanent hypoallergenic jersey knit cover that will protect the 3D gel pads, and the other is a machine washable cover that is made of all-natural Tencel fiber.  My husband finds that this will keep the pillow warmer, and has opted to keep it off.


What we think of the pillow.  My husband loves his new pillow  It has kept him cooler at night, and has led to a deep sleep that he has not experienced in a long while.   Just one point that I would like to make about the pillow, it does need to air out a bit.  My husband has been using the pillow solidly for two weeks now, and only a light fragrance of coconuts emanating from the pillow, and it is quite nice.  My husband, a coconut fiend, loves the fragrance!


Chili Technology sells four different types of ChiliCloud Cooling Pillows.  Each has a bit of a different feature, but all are made with the coconut memory foam, and the prices range from $59 to $129, and all come with FREE shipping to customers in North America.

My husband won't sleep without this pillow now.  He has finally achieved a great night's sleep that he has not experienced in a long time.  Thank you Chili Technology for providing a better night's sleep for both of us.

Important Update on the ChiliCloud Pillow

It is now October of 2013, and the ChiliCloud Pillow has really been a disappointment to me.  The gel on one side of the pillow has detached itself, and it does not keep cool any longer.   I do NOT recommend this pillow for anyone.

I do very highly recommend the Technogel Pillow.  It is still a great pillow.  I have had it since April of 2012.

ChiliCloud Pillows are not the only cool bedding that Chili Technology provides.  Check out their website for their full line of cooling bedding products.  Keep up with the latest specials and news about Chili Technologies by following them on their blog - Cool All Night, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

Many thanks to the sponsor who provided a product or sample for this Review. I received no monetary compensation. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

26 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds like a fantastic pillow for me! i always overheat at night. And I'm also always struggling with getting comfortable with my pillow. I could really use a new one. This could solve both problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used a gel pillow and think I would like that it is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I REALLY love this! I think I need to let the hubster know I'd like these for our anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would die literally for that pillow lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, my husband NEEDS that pillow. He sweats so much at night that his pillow is damp in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love one of these, I am a huge fan of a cool pillow, and always flip mine over through out the night seeking that cool spot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After reading this I think I NEED a ChiliCloud Cooling Pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband is always hot! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been wanting to get one of these for my husband who likes to be cold when he sleeps - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pillow looks amazing. I have such severe insomnia that this might help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so far behind on my mail that I just opened this one. Wow, this looks like a fun pillow. It would definitely be for my hubby. He's one of those people who sleeps hot and sometimes even wakes up in the middle of the night and he takes a big towel to sleep on and I'm changing the sheets almost every day! SHEESH! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I might have to look into getting one of these. Ever since I can remember, I've been flipping over the pillow trying to get the cool side :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This seems like a terrific pillow - I am always overheated during sleep and I think this might be the answer to my problem. I am going to look for it and purchase it for myself as a Mother's Day Gift!! That way I will get what I want and need

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love this pillow, it looks so soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This pillow looks so luxurious for a sweet sleep at night; thanks for review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a memory foam pillow but it does get hot. For the price this might be just a great one to try! Especially for the warmer months ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man, I so need one of these. I am constantly flipping my pillow to the "cool" side at night.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been wanting one of these pillows hoping that it will help me sleep all night without getting overheated.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My husband saw a commercial on this and didn't want to buy it because he didn't know if I'd like it. I have been having trouble sleeping for months. now that it's warmer my feet are always warm and I can't sleep. Maybe I should get 2 of them, one for my feet....LOL

    sibabe64 at ptd dot net

    ReplyDelete
  20. My fiance and I have been having a really hard time sleeping too. I had never heard of this pillow before. It looks ridiculously comfortable, especially the memory foam. I need it right now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  21. These sound so comfy - and I like the fact that they are eco-friendly as well! Thanks for posting this review!
    patricia(dot)pickett(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a wonderful, comfy pillow anyone would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  23. (Chili Technology ChiliCloud Coconut Gel X2 Pillow) Man do I ever need one of these for my night time hot flashes. I wake up just pouring sweat after having one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My hubby sleeps HOT! Every morning he wakes up with a soaked pillow & I'm always buying him a new pillow. This would be the perfect thing for him (and me). Thanks for sharing I have so gotta figure how I can order one of these ASAP! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd love to try this pillow! There's nothing worse than trying to get a good nights sleep with a HOT pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive