Bernice Three Column

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Marvelous Music Monday - April 8, 2013


Welcome to Marvelous Music Monday! 

This week's theme was suggested by Callie from Jamerican Spice:
Songs your mom/parents used to listen to when you were a child. Even if you hated them/loved them.

Well, my mother was never a music lover, so I went back to my grandfather.  He was a great music lover, and inspired a love of music in me.

The Theme from A Prize of Gold
sung by Joan Regan
A UK artist from the 1950s

I love this song because it gives me sweet memories of my dearly departed grandfather, who was truly a father to me.

The next song is my husband's mother's favorite song.  Dorothy was the sweetest MIL you could ever imagine.  She helped teach me bake bread and clip coupons.  This was her theme song to her marriage.  She really loved the lyrics.

The Love Theme to The Godfather
Speak Softly Love
sung by Andy Williams



Want to join in the fun?

Photobucket
This week's theme is music your mom/parents loved even if you didn't like it.

1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy Reviews and More, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

6 comments:

  1. Joan Regan is definitely a blast from the past, who can forget the Godfather theme good choices

    Have a filmtastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of Joan Regan before today, but Andy Williams definitely and Speak Softly Love is a beautiful song. Great picks for today's theme on Monday's Music Moves Me. Thanks for dancing with the 4M crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents used to sing these songs. I grew up with such an eclectic mix of music. It's sad that your mom wasn't it music. Music is life's soundtrack. If there's no music, it's a silent film.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot all about this one. My Mom loved the Godfather too, and Andy Williams. Way ta go! Great choices of the yesteryear my friend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm yet to watch the whole series of Godfather. I will.

    Thanks for sharing with us.

    Hope your week is going great!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive