Bernice Three Column

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Marvelous Music Monday - Friendship - April 29, 2013

I love my friends, and to show my appreciation for them, today is dedicated to them!

Cole Porter's Friendship
From DuBarry was a Lady
Featuring Red Skelton, Lucille Ball, Gene Kelly, Virginia O'Brian, Tommy Dorsey, Zero Mostel, and Rags Ragland

Friend Like Me
from Aladdin


And for those who want to have a laugh about friendship, here's Lonesome Lenny who is sadly in need of a friend. 

From 1946, a Tex Avery Screwball Squirrel cartoon about friendship.

Oh, BTW, I'm a screwball, too! Ha!
 Have a wonderful day!

Want to join in the fun?
Photobucket

1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy Reviews and More, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop.
HERE'S OUR THEME FOR MONDAY APRIL 29TH,   BRING A FRIEND DAY & YOU GET A  "FREEBIE" & SO DO THEY!   Anything your little ol' heart desires you can post on April 29th, 2013~  Now if you don't bring a friend you have to Post a song about a friend or friends like I did!







Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

11 comments:

  1. LOVE Cole Porter's Friendship! and such a great video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some memory revivals there

    Have a fantastico week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great friends song picks! I remember Lucille Ball singing Friendship on the I Love Lucy show. The vaudeville era really had some dynamite talent - singing, dancing, comic relief, ...! We'll never see entertainment brilliance like this agin. All I can say is thank you for being a friend of Monday's Music Moves Me! Whoo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been great being a part of Monday Music Moves Me again today.

    I've missed all your faces

    ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can always count on you for something extra fun, Danielle! :) My mom was a big Red Skelton fan, and my grandmother (my mom's mom) reminded me of Lucille Ball (I think she aspired to be like her...heh!) I'll have to share that first video with my mom! :) Love all your choices! :)

    F•R•I•E•N•D•S that Stompa are going Downtown like it’s 1994 – and Glowing

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom used to sing "Friendship" to my sister and me when we were kids and I never knew where it came from until I saw "Anything Goes" on stage last month. Great friend tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great choices for friendship 4Ms :)

    Have a great week, and happy Music Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is the best ever! Loved every one of them my friend! That was definitely fun! :) Thanks for joining us and sharing your friendly songs.,

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that movie clip Friendship & loved all those actors too. my first link up this week. just learning, be kind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!!! I love Lucy. I remember that one. What a great trip down memory lane. Thanks for sharing.

    Love the Aladdin one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are very fun and nice. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Have a blessed week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive