Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wordless Wedneday with Linky - Good Neighbors - April 17, 2013


Two days ago, we had a few slinky neighbors stop by for a visit.  One stayed a little longer than what he had originally planned, but that was his own fault.  Our friends were two gopher snakes.  One was much older than the first, and much smarter, too.

The first wanted to get snug under our house.  My husband has been fixing plumbing and had dug out from under our concrete slab to get to the bathroom plumbing, and he seemed very interested in checking out the hole.  My husband did not want to hire this fellow to help him do the work.  He was gently prodded to go somewhere else.



Now this little fellow below got himself into a "pickle" so to speak. When we were finished photographing the fellow above, we found another gopher snake.  Up by my garage I have a few grapevines which are protected from rabbits and other critters with 1/2" hardware cloth.  This fellow was much smaller and much more naive than his cousin that we just got done photographing.  He thought he could pass right through the fencing - probably could last year.   I took one photo of him, and left him alone.  I will cut out lizards that get stuck in the hardware cloth, but I am not going to risk cutting a snake out.  We checked on him in a few hours, and he was gone.





40 comments:

  1. Ugh I'm not great with snakes. Happy WW and feel free to pop over and link up at Ms Mystery Case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have run a few miles LOL brilliant captures

    Have a slithertastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting.
    would be nice if you can link up at my blog.
    Have a nice day.
    Nan
    http://www.blogshe.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't want to cut him loose either! Glad he was able to get out on his own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice snake. I'm glad he can't find me! Hi, new follower on Bloglovin. Please consider following me. Free Ebook Search for Seniors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally I don't think snakes make good neighbors :P Neither do mice, or bugs of any kind :)

    Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it got out on its own. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have run very very far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting visitors Danielle! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha, your visitors could have gotten rid of mine - we had mice last weekend! 0.o

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: White Blossoms in Spring

    ReplyDelete
  11. you seem so cool with the snakes. I would totally be freaking out!

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooopppps! I put my give-away at the wrong one. Sorry!!! I'll be back when my WW is up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes. No thanks. I am happy to live in one of the two countries in the world with no snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness! I promise to never complain about the spiders bothering us in Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yikes! I wouldn't have helped the snake either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Makes me so glad there are no snakes here in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely would not have helped that snake out of his predicament, either. ;) That first one is long!! I would have been screaming like a girl, no matter how harmless they are. :)

    WW: Dorky Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One time, when we first moved into this house, a snake got in the house through the sliding glass door. When I saw it in the house, I really squealed like a little girl then! Luckily it was not a poisonous snake.

      Delete
  18. oh gawd!! you are cool as cucumber photographing the snakes. I am terrified of snakes!!! We don't see them out in the OPEN in Singapore.... Even seeing them in the zoos creep me out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the linky. And oh... I HATE SNAKESSSSSSSSSSS THEY MAKE MY SKIN CRAWL... EVEN PICTURES OF THEM AUGHHHHH GROSS!!!! Man, I hope your lense did the close up & not you! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hubby was telling me I was getting too close. The only ones I try to stay away from are rattlesnakes. I only get close enough to aim well.

      Delete
  20. Thanks Danilee, for the wordless Wednesday, See you when I return from China. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am not a big fan of snakes...neither is my husband!! Yikes

    ReplyDelete
  22. That would have scared the heck out of me. I don't like snake at all =(

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice pictures! I don't mind snakes, as long as they're not dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. eek that is two snakes to many for this girl

    ReplyDelete
  25. Eeeeek!!! Snakes freak me out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yikes! I would not want those guys to visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My parents use to get those copperhead snakes in their garage. They would freak out over them. Glad we don't get them here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. They have the prettiest color! They must be very healthy! They are such an asset in a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  29. When I first read 'slinky neighbors' I was worried they were sketchy people who did something wrong!

    natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a pretty snake! I love snakes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. If there is one creature I do not care for, it is snakes. I am sure that they serve a purpose, but I hope I am not part of it, sorry. But thanks for sharing your Wordless Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive