Bernice Three Column

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Be Good to Your Wood and Treat it With Scott's Liquid Gold


I received Scott's Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner and Preservative to facilitate with this review.


I love antique furniture.  When my brother-in-law presented me with this gorgeous antique grand upright piano, I was in seventh heaven.  The tiger maple is such a treat to the eyes.  I have had it for several years now, and try to give the wood the best of care.  I have always used the same brand that my mother and her mother have always used to clean and condition wood.  It has always worked fine, but I was never too happy with the results.  I always thought that it should give more pizzazz to my wood, especially my piano.


When I found out that I could review Scott's Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner & Preservative, I jumped at the chance.  I wanted to see for myself what results this wood cleaner would have on my 1800s piano's tiger maple. 


This desert that I live in is one of the driest and dustiest places to live.  At least once every two months, I need to oil my wood furniture to keep it in the best of condition.  It doesn't help with all the dust.  I have to dust almost everyday or else I end up with what is pictured above.  (Don't you love the pattern from the scarf I have over the top of my piano.)  I let the dust build up for a few days to illustrate what I go through here.   All I did was spray it on and wipe it off.  Check out the results:


It's beautiful!  It cleaned the wood up and left such a lovely sheen!  I didn't realize how much residue from other cleaners had built up on my piano especially the key cover.  It brought out the shine and left the wood looking glorious.   As you can see, there are some intricate details on the piano.  These were always so blasted tough to get the dust out of all of those little crevices.  I just sprayed on Scott's, and all the dust came right out.  I was amazed.


Scott's LIquid Gold also restored more of the darker coloring that the piano originally had.  When I lift the lid to look at the keys, you can can see the original dark color.  After so many years the color had faded.  This wood cleaner restored quite a bit of the old coloring. 

Before
After - I never knew the key cover was so lovely!

Made with all natural oils, Scott's Liquid Gold restored such a gleam to my piano.  It has been around for over 60 years now, and is made right here in the States in Denver, Colorado.   Not only does Scott's Liquid Gold clean natural wood surfaces to heighten their beauty, but it also great for fixing squeaky hinges, shining metal, cleaning porcelain, vinyl and so much more.


As I said, I have never used Scott's Liquid Gold Wood Cleaner & Preservative before.   I love the results that were there right before my eyes.   It enhanced the beauty of my natural tiger maple wood antique piano.  It is now my wood cleaner and preservative of choice.

Find out more at Scott's Liquid Gold website.  You can also keep up with the latest news by following Scott's Liquid Gold on Facebook and Twitter: @scottliquidgold.




Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

7 comments:

  1. Is that your piano? Can I come over and play it? It's awesome. I love the carving, and yes Liquid Gold is the perfect friend for that piece of art. I love Liquid Gold, always have. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuppers! She is a sweet instrument, and Liquid Gold really brought back the luster to her finish.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you can really see the difference on the key cover! Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like great stuff! I might have to check it out. We polish all our wood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a huge difference that made on that piece of furniture. Went from drab to fab with a spray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need to get this for my grandmothers hope chest that I have. it could use some extra loving

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive