Bernice Three Column

Friday, May 31, 2013

Fun Facts for Friday - May 31, 2013



I had a friend share with me some interesting but true facts.  I thought I would share them with you.

You can tape a small mirror onto a cone speaker, play music and shine a laser on to the mirror and the reflection will look like a laser light show on your wall.

Your skin is actually an organ.


Your brain is made up of 80% water.


You can start a fire with ice. 

Yahoo was originally called 'Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web.'


Worms reportedly taste like bacon.


Worcestershire Sauce is basically an Anchovy ketchup.


When your face blushes, the lining of your stomach turns red, too.


U.S. President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with Vaseline.

The Yo-Yo originated as a weapon in the Philippine Islands during the sixteenth century.


There are more nutrients in the cornflake package itself than in the actual cornflakes.


The world's oldest piece of chewing gum is over 9000 years old.

The tongue is the strongest muscle in the human body.



The search engine Google got its name from the word 'googol', which refers to the number one with a hundred zeros after it.


The moon is actually moving away from Earth at a rate of 1.5 inches per year.


The electric chair was invented by a dentist!


The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.


The Bible is the most-shoplifted book in the world.



The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria than a toilet.






Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, some of those I knew already...but I could definitely live w/out knowing President Calvin Coolidge liked to eat breakfast while having his head rubbed with Vaseline.

    Happy Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that you could start a fire with Ice! I think that all people should know this due to maybe getting stranded or lost in the winters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Thanks for hookin' up with me today! These are really good girlfriend. Just got home from my granddaughter's grammar school graduation. Okay Okay I blubbered all over duh place. Man, 340 graduates! My butt is tired from sitting on those bleachers. Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post filled with great info. Thank you for linking your post to the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive