Bernice Three Column

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Marvelous Music Monday 4Ms Music Hop - No Cover Charge - June 3, 2013

 

Today on Marvelous Music Monday, the hop's theme is "Cover Tunes" meaning bands/people who redid a song.

The first cover song is "Blue Bayou" sung by Linda Ronstadt.   This was originally recorded by Roy Orbinson in 1963.  It reached number 29 on the US pop charts. Linda Ronstadt's version was released in 1977.  With Linda, it reached number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100, number 2 on the country, and number 3 on the Easy Listening Charts.

The next cover song originally came out in Les Misérables, which originally came out at the Barbican Theatre on 8 October 1985.  Susan Boyle stunned everyone with her performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" on Britain's Got Talent.




Want to join in the fun?


Photobucket

1.  Find your music--YouTube, or anywhere you can embed on your post.
2. Grab "Monday's Music Moves Me" Button (Located Here)
3. SIGN LINKY, Follow us, grab our buttons & leave us a comment.
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin' Bloggers on our Linky or bring some back with you to join us!
At Royalegacy Reviews and More, you will only find family friendly music.  I cannot say the same for the other sites that are linking up to this hop. 
This week's theme is a COVER SONGS, so have fun sharing some great music with us!





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!


14 comments:

  1. Great picks.
    The Susan B. one was blocked but I remember hearing it when she originally sang it. Blows you away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Boyle's performance still blows me away. Truly incredible! (It was blocked but I watched it online.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I had to get another version. Interesting how I can see it, and no one else.

      Delete
  3. Is is so hard to cover a Roy Orbinson song well. He had such a distinctive voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great choices i really like these

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good covers I liked both Roy Orbison and Linda Ronstadt's versions :-)

    Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh yes Susan! Gosh I wonder where she is now.
    Very nice picks.

    Happy Music Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roy O. sang the original wow, didn't know that! Fun picks this week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Susan Boyle's I Have a Dream. I still watch her audition from BGT. Nice picks.

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved both of them. Have a wonderful week.

    Lucy from Lucy's Reality

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry I'm a day late getting my hopping done. Thanks for sharing these songs. I think Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou is great. I sing it quite often in my best Linda Ronstadt voice...lol...and Susan Boyle is an amazing talent. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still get moved so much by Susan's version of one of my most favourite songs. she just killed it that night on stage, and on this recording too.
    Blue Bayou...one of those songs I remember my mom listening to, so I often can be found humming it. but had no idea who sang it - originally or by cover.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have both of those songs on my iPod. Great choices. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive