Bernice Three Column

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Marvelous Music Monday - Moving Forward - September 23, 2013

This is not a sponsored post.

This week's theme for the Monday's Music Moves Me Hop was picked by Mark, Chronicles from the Man Cave, find songs about “Moving Forward”. Any songs that have to do with moving forward in one’s life.


I think I found two songs that move a person forward.

The first song is from the Disney movie, Follow Me, Boys!, starring Fred McMurray.  It is a Boy Scout song written by the Sherman Bros who wrote so many great Disney songs.

 

The next song, The Thing, sung by Phil Harris is a song about someone who wants to move forward and away from the Boom-boom Boom.  If you don't remember who Phil Harris is, he is the voice of Baloo the Bear in The Jungle Book and Thomas O'Malley of The Aristocats.  I know he had his own radio show with his wife, Alice Faye, and was also a regular on Jack Benny's radio show.  I do know that in their later years, he and his wife lived in the Palm Springs area and must have died there.  I have seen their urns containing Phil Harris' and Alice Faye's ashes at a mortuary while I was at a funeral for a friend.

The Thing

Join in on the fun!


XmasDolly, is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of Cathy Kennedy’s Blog.  Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know is still helping out this month





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

8 comments:

  1. Blimey I remember Fred McMurray as a kid in that TV show My Three Sons...awww memories

    Have a tanfastic week ahead ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know of Phil Harris and Fred McMurray, but I would have NEVER thought of them as singers. Steve reminded me of McMurray in My Three Sons. I loved that sitcom as a kid,too. Another good one is, he was the original Nutty Professor, do you remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do recognize Balloo's voice. Cool! Happy Monday to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow Girl! Those are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back there, but good job I must say I don't remember either one. Thanks for sharing & rockin' along with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baloo and Thomas O'Malley - two of my Disney faves. so cool to hear him sing another song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I want to watch that film again! I'm sure the kids would love it!

    Thanks for sharing with us!
    Enjoy your week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive