Bernice Three Column

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Monday's Music Moves Me - Blackfly - 4Ms - October 15, 2013

This week's theme for the Monday's Music Moves Me hop is a freebie.


When I was just a youngster, we took trips to British Columbia to go fishing and to bring a bunch of children's clothes to a local Native American tribe living on Lake Bambine.  I was someone that the mosquitoes and the blackflies just flocked to and bite and bite and bite.  Whenever I went out, I had a hoodie on and was just covered in insect repellant.  Here is a song complaining about the pesky blackfly in Canada.

Blackfly
Written by Wade Hemsworth while working in North Ontario, Canada

 Wasn't this a cute folk song?

~*~

Because of a sinus attack, I did not get to my usual Serene Sunday. So for your delight, here it is!

The Piano Guys with their newest:
Kung Fu Piano: Cello Ascends


Wanna see how they got the piano on the Great Wall? Check it out here.


Join in on the fun!


XmasDolly, is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of Cathy Kennedy’s Blog and Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

8 comments:

  1. These are new to me loved ThePianoGuys

    Have a tanfastic week ahead ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday Morning to ya! It's funny I use to think of flies and mosquitoes and such as being a southern thing but not so. I totally enjoyed The Piano Guys. There music is beautiful and the video is extraordinary. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning my friend. I've never heard either one, but that first one is too cute as you said & jumpy. I even started clapping & caught myself & laughed. LOL Just bouncing here in my chair hehehe, and who doesn't love the Piano Guys! Too wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I despise those little bugs.
    And I hope you are feeling much better from that sinus attack.

    Thanks for sharing the music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Piano Guys are brilliant!

    We get loads of mozzies here in South Africa and the love me and my youngest daughter. We have to pretty much soak ourselves in repellents

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to go over to YouTube to see your videos but...wow!
    Those Piano Guys were truly fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep - familiar with the blackfly song .....and the bugs. largely thanks to camping in Thunder Bay and Muskoka vacations. seriously...I think I have scars from where they have actually taken chunks of skin.
    Piano Guys are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive