Bernice Three Column

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Marvelous Music Monday - Colors of the Wind - November 3, 2013

This week's theme for the 4M hop is music with color in the title.  Instead of just one color, let's have them all today.


It has been almost two years since I had some music from the Native American artist, Wayra (Jaime Rodriguez - Marvelous Music Monday Jan 22, 2012).   Here is another of Wayra's great songs, "Colors of the Wind" with Wayra playing his fabulous flute.



There have been a few times that I was down at the College of the Desert's Street Fair in Palm Desert, and was delighted to be entertained by Wayra.

Let's keep up with all the colors with a song that was nominated to win the Oscar in 1979 for best score and best song, sung by Kermit the Frog (Jim Henson), "The Rainbow Connection."  This song even reached #25 on Billboard's "Hot 100 Singles" chart in 1979.  It is a song that I played for my piano recital in 1980, have memorized on the piano, and my grandfather loved hearing me play it.



Join in on the fun!


XmasDolly, is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors Callie of Jamerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of Cathy Kennedy’s Blog and Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

7 comments:

  1. LOL The Rainbow Connection is such a sweet song sung by everyone's favorite funny, green frog. Thanks for linking up with the 4M crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faboulous! Love that first song too! So sweet & just makes you feel good don't it? And who doesn't love our little green friend! Well I'm seeing all these wonderful give-aways I'm going to have to go browsing as long as I'm here. ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO JOIN ME? Thanks for sharing Danielle. Have a rockin' week! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both songs were great but you know you nailed it with the Muppets. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed at how much we think alike. I was considering The Rainbow Connection and Colors of the Wind too. lol I am happy that you posted both.
    Both songs have brought a smile to my face today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kermie!!! loved it. I actually remember that.
    My girls love the song Colors of the WInd....but they have yet to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was trying to find that first song, but was so sick.
    Thanks for sharing.

    I've been sick with the flu, but I'm feeling much better now and here to visit from the music hop.

    Hope your weekend is going great.

    Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive