Bernice Three Column

Friday, December 6, 2013

Harney & Sons Fine Teas - Special Gifts for Christmas - Review

I received the HT Holiday Duo Gift mentioned below for free in the hopes that I would mention it on my blog from Harney and Sons Fine Teas. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are 100% my own.


Since I have never been a coffee drinker, to me, there is nothing more satisfying than a good cup of tea.  Whenever my husband and I see a new brand at the store, we buy it.  A few months ago, while shopping at Target, my husband and I stumbled across a new tea that we had not seen before: Harney and Sons: HT Teas.  There is quite a variety of HT Teas available at Target, and I wanted to try more.  I was quite thrilled that Harney and Sons Fine Teas sent me their HT Holiday Duo to review.


Attractively gift packaged, the HT Holiday Duo will make a perfect gift for a tea lover.  The two teas included are Holiday and White Christmas.



Here is one black tea that will be a hit for the holidays, this black tea (caffeinated), with its medium to full bodied tea with hand picked full leaf black teas blended with cloves, cinnamon, safflowers, orange peel, vanilla, and almond flavor.  The Holiday Tea is quite satisfying.  The feeling of Christmas and all the joy that surrounds it rings forth with this flavor combination.  Each sip is such a delight.   This is definitely the best holiday spiced black tea that I have yet to find.


The other tea contained in the Holiday Duo is based on a Muton White (caffeinated) tea.  The White Christmas Tea is a masterpiece created by a third generation of the Harney family.  The white tea is blended with cardamom, almond, vanilla, and accented with white chamomiles.  Magical aromas waft up from your cup: nut aromas from almonds, spice from cardamom, and sweet creaminess from vanilla.  It is suggested to mix this with amaretto, but I love it with pure organic cane sugar and a bit of half-n-half.

There are hundreds of different blends of teas available at Harney.com.  I am so happy to have found this brand at Target.  Here are just a few of the teas that we have been delighted to find at Target.


Here is our favorite: HT English Breakfast tea.  With our first sip of this tea we were hooked.  The fine blend of Ceylon and Kenyan teas offers a medium full-bodied flavor that does contain caffeine.  The HT English Breakfast Tea has a malt aroma with flavor hints of toast and honey.   It is definitely a different flavor from all other English Breakfast teas that we have tasted.  Every morning, we start our day with this one.

Here is a holiday harvest time blend that we have found at Target: HT Pumpkin Spice.   The base of the HT Pumpkin Spice Tea is rooibos from South Africa.  It's ingredients are rooibos, natural pumpkin flavor, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.  Because it's base is rooibos, there was never any caffeine in this tea.  I enjoy this almost daily each evening.  It is a perfect tea to end the day with.  I will miss it when the holidays are over.

 Whenever I feel a bit nauseous, and with all of the morning sickness I had with my pregnancies, I have always reached for peppermint tea.  It soothes my tummy, sinuses, and headaches.  When I ran out of my old brand of peppermint herbal, I decided to grab a can of the HT Peppermint Herbal caffeine free tea.  From the first moment you open the can and take a whiff of this tea, the first thought that crosses your mind is: "Is this tea or candy?"  It's aroma is such a heavenly sweet peppermint.  I have found that Harney only uses peppermint leaves from Oregon, and they are the only ones to use USA grown peppermint for their tea.  This tea has a very brisk taste of mint, and is very delicious!  So much better than the other brand I used to buy.

Here is a new flavor my husband came home with just two nights ago: HT Chocolate Mint.  It is a blend of Chinese black tea flavored with peppermint leaves, chocolate extract, with a hint of vanilla.  My husband loves this tea, and the aroma is so very sweet.


We love the flavor of Harney tea so much, that both my husband and myself recommend it.  This year was the launch of working with Target, and getting HT on the shelves of over 1600 Target stores.  You will probably find it at a Target near you.


Holiday Gift Idea for a Tea Lover
 Do you know of a tea lover that would delight in a gift of tea for the holidaysThe HT Holiday Duo would make your tea lover the perfect present!  It would be perfect present for a teacher, a hostess at a holiday party, as an emergency or last minute gift - tea is a great gift for anyone!  The HT Holiday Duo contains both the Holiday and the White Christmas teas, two of their best sellers, all wrapped up elegantly with a bow.   It is modestly priced at $21.  


There are many tea gifts available at Harney.com.  Here you will find a large selection of gourmet tea gifts with enough variety to please everyone. From gifts with teapots and loose tea to sachets and cookies, all of our gifts are elegant. Best of all, they are sure to be appreciated. A cup of tea is the perfect gift!

Shop for a great gift at Harney & Sons Fine Teas - Master Tea Blenders.  Connect and converse with Harney.com by following them on Facebook, Twitter - @HarneyTea, and Pinterest.






Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The 

Most Popular Mom Blogs




33 comments:

  1. I have to tell you I have never been one for flavored hot tea although I will drink, and love raspberry ice tea. I detest lemon in my tea makes me gag. Sorry, but I don't know I see one here, and the way you describe all these you make me want to pick and choose, and being a peppermint royal fan... I think I have my eye on that chocolate mint. Now you know my Grandfather on my paternal side is from London.. so I say there young lady would you care for a spot of tea and a few crumpets? hehehehe I must be over tired!!! Thanks for stopping by my friend. I can always count on you! HUGS & nighty nite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do sound nice, and I love the packaging! I'm thinking several of these would make a lovely seasonal after dinner treat (and without the calories of baked goods!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing information about gift ideas.

    ideal gift for men

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't drink hot tea but i think these would make great gifts for anyone that does. The packing is very nice looking and the canisters could be used for other things when empty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a hot chocolate addict. I do buy tea for others because I love the tins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one tin of HT tea that I've been hoarding! It's their Black Currant flavor, and it's absolutely delicious. But now that I know I can get it at Target, I'll be sure to try some of their other flavors--and I'll allow myself the luxury of drinking it more often, too. No more hoarding! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black current tea sounds really good. I'm going to check it out. Thanks

      Delete
  7. Oh yum! I love me some hot teas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love tea and those tins are so pretty. The Holiday tea sounds really good. I'll have to check and see if our Target carries the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound delicious and I love the packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That all looks so good.. I love tea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Holiday Tea and the Peppermint tea sound absolutely wondfult - I look forward to trying them this winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Their packaging is so pretty on their teas! Great gift ideas

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never liked hot tea but those tins would make great decor

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love all the flavors of tea and the ornamental tins, but I would love to have one of the tea sets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum, I want to try the pumpkin spice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unlike you, I am pretty much a life long coffee devotee - I really only drink tea when I'm feeling "under the weather" (a little too frequently these days!.) It's not that I don't REALLY enjoy tea when I drink it (and I do drink a lot of iced tea in the warm weather!) - it's just that I am a "default coffee" person by nature (and habit.)

    However, MANY of my friends, colleagues and family members are avid tea drinkers (including my 91 year old Mom, next door neighbor, several close friends and relatives - even my Honey/Hubby goes through tea-loving phases several times a year (must be that inner war between the Swedish and Scottish heritages... : - )

    So suffice it to say - Tea "baskets" / sets make for good gift-giving - especially when they are packaged so attractively - but still offer quality tea. It's also nice to know you are giving a gift that someone will actually really use - and enjoy!

    Thanks Danielle, and Merriest Christmas/ Happiest Holidays to you and yours! Be VERY Merry!

    Jesselyn A/ Jesstinger
    jessterlyn(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. these looks good would love to try it

    ReplyDelete
  18. This would make a great gift for my Mom. She loves all types of teas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not a big tea drinker myself but that set is lovely and would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am not a tea drinker but my husband is big time. These sound very good and I am sure he would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't noticed these at Target yet but I'll definitely look next time I'm there. As a character says in The Importance of Being Ernest: "I require tea."

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never heard of this tea brand, but they look mighty good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. never heard of his brand, but love some of the flavors, holiday, choc mint, love hot tea in the winter...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am sitting here right now drinking a cup of chamomile tea. The mint tea sounds very good.

    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. 00000000000000000 I'd love to try that chocolate mint tea. Sounds wonderful especially on a nice cold brisk winter snowy day! oooooo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband just had the last bag of this tea today. My daughter loves a chocolate tea, too.

      Delete
  26. Wow, this tea looks great! This would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  27. thank you for sharing, you can never go wrong with tea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. We drink tea all the time! Love their canisters

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love tea; the Chocolate Mint sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of my comments. If you have a family friendly blog, please leave your link. I would love to stop by and give you a visit. Any content that is not family friendly or that is spam will be removed without prejudice.

Blog Archive