Bernice Three Column

Monday, December 23, 2013

Make Holidays Festive with Nestle - Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


Candies and cookies made from scratch is a Christmas tradition in our home.  We have our tried and true recipes, and each year we like to try something new.   I was sent just a few treats from the Nestle line of candies to make something different for this Christmas.


I was challenge to make a treat from these two candies from Nestle. I received a Wonka Pixy Stix Giant Cane and a Wonka Nerds Fun Book to work with.  The Wonka Pixy Stix are basically just sugar, and more fun to eat than to make anything with, but the Nerds - that was something that could be worked with.   Here is a recipe that is kid friendly that uses the Wonka Nerds.



Frosty Nerds Dipped Pretzels

Total time to complete: 48 minutes
Makes 13
Is suitable for ages 3-12

Here's what you'll need:
  • Wax Paper or Parchment Paper
  • 13 Pretzel Rods
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, melted according to package directions in small to medium bowl
  • 2 packages (1.65 ounces each) WONKA Frosty NERDS 
Directions:

PLACE sheet of wax paper or parchment paper on countertop. Place wire rack over the paper to catch the drips.

DIP pretzel rods halfway into melted morsels; shake off excess (it’s best to just work with a few pretzels at a time). Place on wire rack. Alternately, drizzle melted morsels over pretzels then decorate.

DECORATE with Nerds. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to harden. Once hardened, remove from wire rack and store, covered, in cool place with wax paper between layers.

Find more recipes that use Nestle seasonal confections at http://simplycelebrate.meals.com/.


We moms rely on unique offerings for our families, and Nestle has plenty to offer us.  There are so many different Nestle Seasonal Confections that are available at stores nationwide.  There items make great stocking stuffers!  The two items I received would go great in a child's stocking.  They are so cheap, too.  The Wonka Pixy Stix Giant Cane is only $1.99, and the Wonka Nerds Fantastical Fun Book retails for only $2.49. 

With "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" just a few days away, we, moms, can get plenty of treats for family and friends - all within our budgets - with Nestle!






Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

7 comments:

  1. We love making chocolate dipped pretzels for the holidays. Interactive activity for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dipped pretzels sound great. They would be the perfect treat to make for Christmas or to take to holiday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dipped pretzels! I will definitely be making these for my son's class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a good idea to use the nerds candy-never thought of that-will have to try

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love making chocolate dipped pretzels during the holidays. They are so much fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought to use nerds before such a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I could use these as gifts, since I'm on disability and my budget is low.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive