Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wordless Wednesday with Linky - Praying for a Miracle - December 18, 2013


My husband is out pruning our trees, right now, as I am writing this post.  Just a little while ago, he came upon a little critter that crawled up his arm and across his hat.  This little fellow was praying for a miracle that he would not get whacked by the trimmers.  What kind of a bug would so heartily pray for his life? - A praying mantis would!



He's there in the olive branches.  He blends in so well, and is probably why the hubby didn't see him at first.  My husband put him back on the upper branches of our smallish olive tree, and he is still sitting there.  He is probably a bit perturbed that my husband took all of the growth away from the bottom of the tree!



Do you have a giveaway to share?
Please link all giveaways to Treasure Hunt Tuesday Giveaway Link Up for December 17th to 23rd, 2013



Would you like to see your Wordless Wednesday button here?  Let's exchange buttons - just leave me a comment below or email me, and I'll get back to you.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs



13 comments:

  1. Your husband is out pruning while mine is outside shoveling out our cars from the snow we just got - in 14 degree weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was over 70 degrees here - 65 as I write. We had such a beautiful sky today, too. I long for some colder weather and snow! We only get that about once every ten years, and we are about due for it.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful shots of a praying mantis. From time to time I see them here but have not seen one for some time now. Thanks for hosting Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a praying mantis only in photos I liked yours

    Have a praytastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they camouflage so well with your plants!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen a praying mantis in real life. I had to click on the picture to find this guy, he blends in so well.
    That said, I wish we were in an area where we could be pruning instead of shoveling. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we wish we were doing a little shoveling! Looks like another warmish dry winter again. At least we don't have to worry about having the heater on at night.

      Delete
  6. I've always been a fan of the Praying Mantis - one of the few bugs I actually like. ;) Great shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't see too many Praying Mantis, do you? Oddly, I spotted one back in the summer when we were doing some yard work and I wished that I had my iPhone on me so that I could snap a pic. Y'all have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing how the weather can vary - pruning there, shoveling here :) I am always amazed when I see a praying mantis for some reason. May you have a most Merry Christmas! I visited from Wordless Wed. this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are pretty cool to see. I've seen the green ones in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to stare for a long time trying to find the praying mantis. :D Wow they do camouflage really well! Btw, I'm new to your link up. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Kaye
    Itsmekikay.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and do read all of your comments. If you have a family friendly blog, please leave your link so I can come by and visit. Any content that is not family friendly or that is spam will be removed without prejudice.

Blog Archive