Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wordless Wednesday - First Blossoms of Spring...in January - January 22, 2014


While it seems that all of you back East are suffering from another blast of cold and snow, we here in California are getting nothing but sunshine every day.  There are a few high clouds every now and then, but mostly it's all sunshine and warmth.  I even got a sunburn when I was working outside yesterday.

In all actually, I am jealous of you back East with your cold and snow.  I want some, too.  Yet, if we had that now, all the peaches on our early bloomer would die, and that would mean no peach pie come summer.

Here's our early peach tree blooming in January because of all of our unseasonably warm weather, and all the little bees sucking out the nectar.  I tried to capture a hummingbird going after the blossoms, but it didn't like me too close.








Do you have a giveaway to share?
Please link all giveaways to Treasure Hunt Tuesday Giveaway Link Up for January 21 to 27, 2014


Would you like to see your Wordless Wednesday button here?  Let's exchange buttons - just leave me a comment below or email me, and I'll get back to you.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful blossoms! I can't wait for spring in Delaware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. It's snowing right now as a matter of fact. We are supposed to be getting about a foot tonite, but that's not too bad I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! Would love some of those here if we had a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would gladly trade with you . The peach blossoms look beautiful . here it is snowing hard and below 0 with strong winds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so nice! We've had 60 degree days ... and then its going to be cold tomorrow. I live in the south...but want to move even further down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Wind chill factor tonight 20 below!!! We got 3 more inches this afternoon, but Spring is coming... oh boy, I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apple blossoms are seriously one of my favorite scents in this world....and it makes me spring hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!! love the colours of the blooms on these trees.
    definitely no blooms on our trees -- not with our minus 26 C weather today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring can not get here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely, it's nice to seem the flowers blooming already. Can't really wait until spring and then summer...

    ReplyDelete

I love and do read all of your comments. If you have a family friendly blog, please leave your link so I can come by and visit. Any content that is not family friendly or that is spam will be removed without prejudice.

Blog Archive