Bernice Three Column

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - Inspire Me - February 24, 2014

 The Monday's Music Moves Me Hop is a fun musical adventure.  Every Monday we get together and share music.  This week's theme for the music hop is "Songs that Inspire us."  Here are some that have inspired me over the years.
It's fun to join in!

Get your favorite tunes from YouTube or any other place you can share the music on your blog.
Grab the button below:


Sign the Linky at Xmas Dolly
or here below:

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...

Follow US
Leave a Rockin’ comment! 
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin’ Bloggers and bring some back with you to join us!

Xmas Dolly is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors are Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of  Curious as a CAThy, Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know and Honorary co-conductor this month is Becca from Every Day Life due to the fact that our co-conductor Stacy will be taking a hiatus for a few weeks because she’s moving.  Stacy just bought a beautiful new home.  If you stop by her blog, you can see her new place.  It's lovely!   Let's get the show going!


Here's a song that has touch my heart profoundly for so many years: Tomorrow from Annie.  I saw the Broadway play when it was showing at the Schubert Theater in Los Angeles with my drama class in 8th grade.  We were sure miffed with our teacher, Mrs. Clavin, for not letting us stay a little longer after the performance to get the casts autographs.  Tom Hatten was President Roosevelt.  Anyone remember him?

Tomorrow
Aileen Quinn


Here's music that always can get me up and going.  If you want music that inspires me, don't think it will all come with lyrics.  I just loved coming home from kindergarten and watching The Lone Ranger on TV.  This is still a favorite with me, and get's me going when I do housework.

William Tell Overture Finale
by Rossini
performed by the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra



Finally, here is the first real music I learned to play on the piano.  I play an easy version cause my hands are just slightly big enough to reach an octave.

From the King of Ragtime
Scott Joplin's - The Entertainer



We all would really love it if you would come an join us on our musical adventure each and every week.  It's fun to meet new bloggers from around the world that join us.





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

11 comments:

  1. Annie has always been a favorite of my kids and I, and the Lone Ranger oh my gosh I haven't thought of that in years, and you're right! LOL The Sting. The first time I seen that played in real life was by my husband's friend. It was awesome. Are you still playing your piano? You should you know. I play too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that was so special hearing "Tomorrow!!!!" I used to sing that daily when I was a child. One of those songs that stands the test of time. I still remember the day I learned to play The Entertainer on the piano -- what a great memory.
    This has been a great trip down memory lane - ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variety of inspy music !
    thanks for sharing yours...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that was the song from "Entertainer." Every time here it played in movies, I associate it with Charlie Chaplin's films.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow is a hopeful, inspiring tune. Sometimes I find myself singing it just because I know tomorrow is a new day, filled with promise of great things to come. I enjoyed your other two delightful selections, as well. The Entertainer is going to be stuck inside my head all day now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really great! And they are so inspiring! I love William Tell Overture and the Entertainer always makes my blood pump. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have these playing in my mind all day now heheh!

    I used to work in Harrods record department London when The Sting was released it sold like hotcakes every other sale was for that.

    Have a tanfastic week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiring songs today.
    That Tomorrow song just exudes hope!
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember listening to ragtime as a kid.
    I didn't know that was a William Tell overture though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sun will come out tomorrow is a classic i'm huge Annie fan and this song is always stuck in my head at some point.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive