Bernice Three Column

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - Silly Love Songs - February 10, 2014

Love is abloom during this week for Valentine's Day is almost upon us!  This week's theme for the 4M music hop is what else but Love Songs (or broken love). 


The Waters of the Minnetonka is really a beautiful love song but gets a bit silly when Lucy tries to steal the show.  Lucy's fun part starts at 2:19, but you can listen to the nice part with Desi Arnaz and Carol Richards first.


Here's really a silly love song from the motion picture, Romance on the High Seas, starring Doris Day, and here she is singing her more silliest love song or any song really:
I'm in Love

Yup, that one really gets to you, doesn't it?  Don't you just love that outfit she's wearing, too.



Join in on the fun!


XmasDolly, is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors Callie of Jamerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of Cathy Kennedy’s Blog and Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

8 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed them when I was a kid we used to get The Lucy Show on TV here in the UK and that Doris Day vid was fab heheh!

    Have a tanfastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the I Love Lucy show! A show with real talent - acting, dancing, & singing all in one. Doris Day was a pretty gal in her younger years, was she not? I think woman of the past are more beautiful than most today. Their soft, femininity is pure beauty in itself. Qualities that missing in women anymore & that's truly sad. Anywho, I just loved your take on "love songs" cute and charming! Thanks for hitting the dance floor, Danielle. Have a lovable week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that old sketch of Desi and Lucy's, hahahaha. And was Doris Day ever that young, wow! Great picks for this "Love" themed Monday Music Moves Me blog hop. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thx for sharing the love today !
    HapPy <3 Day ...=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a great idea... love it! Lucy is too funny! LMAO.... My Mom loved Doris Day so her movies were always playing. I probably have seen every single one... but this one I have not and I'm quite surprised. GREAT JOB TODAY GIRL - YOU SO ROCK & thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy was that a stupid song by Doris Day! I love her outfit though.
    Lucy and Desi were the best! I think she loved him even up to the day he died.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had totally forgotten about the Desi Arnez one. thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh yes! Ms Day is a classic! That Desi one is new to me.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive