Bernice Three Column

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - We're Having a Heat Wave! - February 17, 2014

The last few days have been tremendously HOT!  We have been sizzling here in the desert 85-90s and super dry, and it's still only February.  My goodness, I hope that this heat wave does not foreshadow summer. I want some cold weather!  I am so tired of wearing shorts.


Time to celebrate! My son finally had some time to upload this song to YouTube.  You won't find this song anywhere else except at Royalegacy Reviews and More's YouTube!


Heat Wave
Bing Crosby

 This version of "Heat Wave" comes from when Bing was a little older.  I can't find any dates associated with it, but our best guess would be in the 60s.  You can find an earlier version of this song, but I find it a bit tedious.  This one has much more rock beat to it especially with the electric guitars.

We got a simple device to hook up to the hard drive of our old Vista computer, and this is where this song came from.  Hopefully within the next few months or so, my son will upload a few more songs that you can't find anywhere else.

Happy President's Day!


Want to join in on the fun?  It's easy.  You'll find all you need at XmasDolly.


XmasDolly, is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors Callie of Jamerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of Cathy Kennedy’s Blog and Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, a total classic for President's Day. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Having a Heat Wave" is old!! I guess Bing Crosby was the first one who sang it. Loved it nonetheless. Happy Presidents Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am sure there are a ton of people in the Midwest that would trade you right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bing is always in!
    Thanks for sharing this one!

    Aloha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG My mom's favorite! You go girl.. I think I feel like I want to Rumba! Let's form a line... oh wait is that called something else? hmmmm LET'S CONGA!!!! ta ta ta eeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa LOL Great one there girlfriend! Batta Bing Batta Boom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Bing Crosby! And I am so, SO jealous of your high temps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always associate this song with Grumpy Old Men, but another artist performs it. I'm not sure who, though. We are having a heat wave or so it feels like one after the cold temps. Actually, we are experiencing spring-like weather here in Knoxville. Yesterday it was in the upper 50s and the rest of the week is forecast for similar conditions. I. Am. Not. Complaining. I just love it! Great to have you on the dance floor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun choice! Hope you have a wonderful week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could use a heat wave! I won't ever complain about how hot it is in summer.
    great song - never head this one of Bing's.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive