Bernice Three Column

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - I'm Wearin' the Green for St. Paddy's Day - March 17, 2014

 Let's celebrate St. Patrick's Day with some Irish Songs!

Remember to wear something green today.  You don't want to get pinched!

The Monday's Music Moves Me Hop is a fun musical adventure.  Every Monday we get together and share music.  This week's theme for the music hop is "Songs that Inspire us."  Here are some that have inspired me over the years.
It's fun to join in!

This week's theme is a Freebie!

Get your favorite tunes from YouTube or any other place you can share the music on your blog.
Grab the button below:


Sign the Linky



Follow US
Leave a Rockin’ comment! 
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin’ Bloggers and bring some back with you to join us!

Xmas Dolly is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors are Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of  Curious as a CAThy, Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know and Honorary co-conductor this month is Becca from Every Day Life due to the fact that our co-conductor Stacy will be taking a hiatus for a few weeks because she’s moving.  Stacy just bought a beautiful new home.  If you stop by her blog, you can see her new place.  It's lovely!   Let's get the show going!

I am co-hosting this week as Naila is on vacation.


The Wearin' of the Green
Wolfetones

According to my music book, The Fireside Book of Favorite American Songs: "No one can place the authorship of this Irish song of 1798.  It is 'an inspired street ballad born of the sorrow and the bitterness of the people' --an eloquent arraignment of England's Irish policy of the time."



Kevin Barry
a beautiful ballad from 1919 sung by the Wolftones
This is a bong of the Irish revolution of 1916.  Kevin Barry was a young 18 year old that was executed for his part in an action that resulted in the deaths of three British soldiers.  Eighty years later, his body, and the bodies of his comrades, were re-interred with full military honors.


Here is just some visions of Ireland.
This one needs to be played in HD and full screened to get the best effect.



Happy St. Patrick's Day!


St. Patrick is a great...great...uncle of ours as one of his sisters is a great...grandmother.  Found this out through my eldest daughter who is big on looking up our family history.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs


12 comments:

  1. Whoa! Forgot all about that. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect musical selection for a St. Patrick's Day! I enjoyed it, thanks. Hope it's the top of the morning for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Irish music. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally do not get the opposite between the Britain's and Ireland. I'm gonna have to learn this history seeing how I have a strong Irish heritage. The beautiful Emerald Isle and music in your last video are wonderful. Happy St. Patty's Day, dearie and it's great to have you filling in for Naila Moon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful music, and beautiful scenery too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful music - I could listen to that forever. and the country truly is a incredible beautiful study of green. just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning, and oh how appropriate! Great job my friend. Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the last song with the beautiful video the best. We once went to Ireland and it's quite green and gorgeous. Pretty cool being related to St. Patrick. Maybe you can rid your country of snakes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be nice. I just wish I could just keep the three varieties of rattlesnakes that we have away from the house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Marvelous Music Monday - I'm Wearin' the Green for St. Paddy's Day - March 17, 2014) Love the good Irish music, I didn't get to make my corned beef & cabbage today. I came down with a bad cold and stayed in bed almost all day today. Hope everyone had a great one though! :( :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dinner turned out great! I made the Irish soda bread differently, and it turned out wonderful. I feel really good right now as we just got done eating a great meal. Have a good evening!

      Delete
  11. What a happy knowledge about family history!!!
    I love Irish music. I love their accent!
    Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive