Bernice Three Column

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - It's Been a Long Long Time - April 14, 2014

 It's time for a fun musical adventure!  Every Monday we get together and share music for the Monday's Music Moves Me Hop.  This week's theme for the music hop is "FREEBIE"

  Join all of us!
Xmas Dolly is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors are Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of  Curious as a CAThy, Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know .

On with the music!


Last week, we saw the latest adventure of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.  Here's a little old ditty that I was thrilled to hear from the movie.  This is one of the songs from Capt. America's old record collection, and Nick Fury liked to listen to it, too.  Time to turn the clocks back....


It's Been a Long Long Time
Performed by Harry James and his orchestra
Singer ???
Music by Jule Styne
Words by Sammy Cahn


From the June/July issue of Sheet Music Magazine:
Jule Styne and I were trying to chart the course of the war, with or without the aid of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.  I said to Jule one day, "I think the war is coming to an end and we should have a song ready.  What do you thin of this for an idea -- Kiss me once, and kiss me twice, and kiss me once again.  It's Been a Long, Long Time!" When I gave him that title I have him the whole song! --Sammy Cahn





Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs


11 comments:

  1. Not the first song that comes to mind when thinking of Captain America, but SWEET nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you would not think of this song for Capt America, but it would be one that he would listen to. (If you haven't seen the movie, it is part of his record collection.) I can see him really listening to this song often thinking of that kiss that he and Maggie shared before he took off to take care of Schmidt. He was always dreaming of more since he missed that date.

      Delete
  2. I heard this on Dave's computer behind me & I had to come over. My mom use to sing this in the kitchen all the time & she'd dance around. My mom loved to dance. She said she danced with Donald O'Connor at a USO club when my dad was in the service. How cool is that? I mean to this song. Anyway thanks for sharing my friend - great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an oldie, Harry James, wow. But I enjoyed listening to it. My how music has changed - but it has been a long, long, time. : )

    Thanks for sharing this and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Dave, not what you think of for Captain America but isn't sweet!
    Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This song was part of Capt America's record collection. He would love the music of his youth. As for kissing, they did pay particular attention to that in the movie. Rogers probably listened to this song often as he dreamed of more kisses from Maggie. He is still in love with her, even though she is close to death.

      Delete
  5. I love music from the 40s! I can't wait to see the new Captain America movie, but I think I have to disagree with David and Naila Moon. A song from the 40s is exactly the kind of music Captain America would listen to. After all, he was from the 40s and served in the WWII before he frozen under water and somehow revitalized by modern technology. I can't remember how that worked, do you? Anywho, gr8 sound from the past! Have a tunetastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome. You must certainly get a wide range of music. Happy Listening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved this!!! A bit of old times sway - classic. I have yet to see the movie, but my birthday is in a couple of weeks and hopefully the movie will still be around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't yet seen the movie or know this old classic by sound, but I do like it.

    Not sure I've seen any of these movies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this one is new to me loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive