Bernice Three Column

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - Rain, Rainbows, and Sunshine - April 7, 2014

Since I live in a desert, I am used to hot dry summers and cold dry winters with lots and lots of windy weather.  The last few years has seen little rain.  The rain the we did get last month wasn't that wet, but as the high winds was stretching the clouds over the mountains, we had rainbows galore.

For this week's theme of the Monday's Music Moves Me Hop is

Weather

 The Monday's Music Moves Me Hop is a fun musical adventure.  Every Monday we get together and share music.  This week's theme for the music hop is "Songs that Inspire us."  Here are some that have inspired me over the years.
It's fun to join in!

Get your favorite tunes from YouTube or any other place you can share the music on your blog.
Grab the button below:


Sign the Linky



Follow US
Leave a Rockin’ comment! 
Finally, Boogie down to your Fellow Rockin’ Bloggers and bring some back with you to join us!

Xmas Dolly is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors are Callie of JAmerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of  Curious as a CAThy, and Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know . Let's get the show going!


This week I am the Spotlight Dancer!




Summer Rain
Hayley Westenra



The Rainbow Connection
Jim Henson via Kermit the Frog



Sunshine On My Shoulders
John Denver






Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being this week's Spotlight Dancer, woo hoo!! I love your picks. Most everyone has a song about the rain - but at least you included one with sunshine on my shoulder and the rainbow connection. But, again, I loved them all. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices there Girlfriend! I haven't heard that John Denver one in like forever! CONGRATS ON BEING OUR SPOTLIGHT DANCER! SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THANG!!! hehehehe Have a rockin week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choices and congrats! on this week's Spotlight Dancer ;-)

    Have a fantabulosa week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being the spotlight dancer!
    I had not heard the Hayley Westernra song before. Thanks for introducing me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always liked Rainbow Connection! My parents used to listen to John Denver on trips. This post brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha - Kermie!!!! What a great choice - that brought back some memories.
    That first one was really pretty, and always always loved Sunshine on My Shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being our featured Dancer Danielle! So excited for you!

    I love your music list for today!

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, you're the Spotlight dancer this week! And, you have a great eye for music with the Rainbow Connection (I featured this one, too). Hayley Westenra is new-to-me, but I like this song ~ very lovely And, what's not to like about John Denver's music? I love his folksy sound! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kermit the Frog is my favorite!! LOVE Rainbow Connection...and all your choices! CONGRATS on being the Spotlight Dancer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These tunes are as multi-textured as Chicago weather! Nice wide spectrum - we could use a little bit of that sunshine up here 'bout now! Good job Spotlight Dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave - It's 87 today. I'll be glad to send this heat your way. It's way too early, IMHO, to have to get the air conditioner running!

      Delete
  11. Who doesn't love Kermit? John Denver was a fun walk down Memory Lane, too.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/04/atoz-favorite-son-returns-letter-f.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Ms. Spotlight Dancer...congrats!
    I totally forgot about that John Denver song...it was a favorite!
    However, who doesn't like Kermit!

    Great dancing with you this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive