Bernice Three Column

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wordless Wednesday with Linky - We're Your Friends to the Bitter End - April 2, 2014


We woke up to quite a surprise the other morning.  This was the first time that migrating turkey vultures decided to stay the night in our cottonwood trees.  It was a treat to be Motel 6 for one night.  We tried to get nearer and to get around them to take better pictures because the sun was coming up from behind them, but it was spooking them.

We almost expected them to start crooning us!





All pictures were taken with our Nikon D40.






Do you have a giveaway to share?
Please link all giveaways to Treasure Hunt Tuesday Giveaway Link Up - April 1 to 7, 2014



Would you like to see your Wordless Wednesday button here?  Let's exchange buttons - just leave me a comment below or email me, and I'll get back to you.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs



21 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is amazing. We definitely do not have those here in Massachusetts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that's amazing good captures too :-)

    Have a turkeytastic week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool captures! Now I'm all nostalgic to watch the Jungle Book after all these years. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many of them!! Amazing captures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shots! Those birds are huge! Have a terrific day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow, what a great capture. Happy WW, thanks for stopping by Mystery Case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Danielle, glad they are just passing through! Thanks for adding my banner to your post, I appreciate it. Have a great week, Karren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think we have any turkey vultures in SG! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pictures! I especially love that first picture. I enjoy seeing any pictures of birds. They are majestic creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We use to have turkey vultures around the lake we lived on. They were a crack up to watch! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful birds. I love the addition of the cartoon. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are those buzzards? Eagles perhaps? I prefer the cartoon birds anyways! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I haven't seen vultures in real life, as far as I can remember. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dream shot! Moving birds! Amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That would have been a sight to see! Amazing shots, Danielle! :)

    Lawn Deer with a Twist

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great shots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like there were a bunch of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to the visits of turkey vultures. It is difficult to photograph the wild birds. Beautiful photos you have taken. Thanks for sharing, thanks so much for the fun party and enjoy your day and week! Wieczora (◔‿◔) | my photoblog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really love that last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know if I've ever seen a turkey vulture in real life, my guess is no. My middle son loves to watch birds and I know he would have loved to have seen these large birds in action! Thanks for hosting WW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have so many of these guys around my area too! I love the Jungle Book reference!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive