Bernice Three Column

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hooray for the Red White and Blue - Happy Birthday, America!


Happy 4th of July!

Time for bar-b-ques, hamburgers and hot dogs, and a long weekend of fun!

When I visited Europe, during the time of our stay in Austria, we were entertained with an oompah band.  At the end of the show, they played all the national anthems.  Since Great Britain and the USA share the same melody, and it was Europe, this band played God Save the Queen version for the Brits.  For us Americans, they played John Phillip Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever. So for a little 'international' flair....

Stars and Stripes Forever
by John Phillip Sousa
The Boston Pops Orchestra conducted by John Williams


Remember our nation when you say your prayers tonight.  As a nation that was founded under God, please remember to ask Our Lord to keep His blessing and protection for our great country.


While I am here in New Jersey visiting my daughter and her family, we have been forecasted a wet 4th of July.  So no fireworks for us, and we'll be cooking indoors.

What are your plans for the 4th?



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs


2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July Danielle!!! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth my friend! Well let's see my daughter came over with her daughter to pick up my Tatyanna. She's been with me for a few days helping me out. Then my DIL Stopped over with my new grandson Angelo (DIL sounds better than my son's girlfriend :) and we were going to go to Goodwill, but they were closed so everyone went home. I played a bit on the puter & then we were off to see Batavia's Fireworks and it was fun! I couldn't believe how cheap the food was there & they gave away free water & smores of all things bwahahahaha Fireworks was great & coming home the traffic wasn't crazy like we thought it would be. So now I'm pooped and off to bed. Hugssssss I'll be back tomorrow to see whatcha doin!!! I'M GLAD I'M AN AMERICAN!!!! BOOM!!!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive