Bernice Three Column

Friday, September 26, 2014

Chromo Inc.® 160 LED CI-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Panel Digital Camera / Camcorder Video Light Review


I received the following LED camera light in exchange for a fair and honest review.  No other compensation was received.


If you have been reading my blog for a while, you may have realized that we are avid amateur photographers. We do love taking our pictures.  With our digital Nikon, we can take hundreds of photos.  One thing we don't like is the built-in flash on our camera.  There are so many times that when it comes on, what we are photographing just looks too washed out.  Then there is the 'demon' eye look of those dreaded red eye.


So, what's better than my built-in flash on my camera to take better pictures?  The Chromo Inc. CI-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Light Panel.  The easy-to-use CI-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Light Panel features 160 high-quality LED bulbs that enhance the quality of your photos and video by adding additional lighting. Use the lighting panel alone or with one of the included colored panels, to add color effects and balancing to your photos.


The CI-160 light panel can be used with a variety of battery types for up to three days of consistent light, including AA, HI-MH, Sony lithium, and Panasonic lithium batteries.  Whether you own a Canon, Nokia or Olympus camera, the included hot/cold shoe connector fits thousands of models. Simply mount and secure the lighting panel onto the top of your camera and voilà, you're ready to take fabulous photos all on your own.

The Chromo Inc. CI-160 Dimmable Ultra High Power Light Panel Features

- 160 high-quality LED bulbs
- Dimmer switch for adjustable brightness
- Ability to light entire rooms or improve photo/video lighting
- Compatible with thousands of Canon, Nokia, Olympus cameras and other models
- Can be mounted onto any stand with a 1/4" screw mount
- Comes with 3 filters: clear, pink and orange

One filter is white to soften the light to diffuse the effect.
A warm filter to reduce the color temperature.
And a pink filter.  I have yet to find out what pink is supposed to do for your pictures.  I have fooled with it a bit, and it does brighten the colors of what you are photographing.

This handy light panel features high-quality LED bulbs that are essential in shooting better quality photos and video. Use the dimmer switch to adjust the brightness level from low to high. With the CI-160, you control the lighting in your photos.  There is also a button on the back that when you press it, it will give you the level of your battery power.  I like that!


This is a very good light source when taking pictures, and I do recommend you get one.  It would be perfect for holiday pictures.  It is very reasonably priced for only $26.95, and you can buy the Chromo Inc. CI-160 at Amazon.   I just had a few issues with this.  While it does come with a user guide, but it's more about safety tips, and not on how to install it on your camera, nor how to use.  Also, you have to make sure the batteries are in properly because the positive side of the battery can slip off a bit.  For the cheap price of the CI-160, these are really minimal objections.  Compared, for me, the price of a Nikon Speedlight flash, this is a much better alternative, and I am very happy with the CI-160.

Chromo Inc was born because they saw the need for more inexpensive alternatives etc



Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

6 comments:

  1. Where on earth did you get this? I so need one of these when Dave has a gig at night. This is stupendous and what a great job you did on the Post. You go girl. Highly informative and great snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a picture taker and people have to catch me to get a picture of me! I do know a couple of people who would really appreciate this (one of them is forever trying to catch me in a pic!)-I will let them kniw about it then go hide around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to keep popping over for your tips, I would love to take real photography rather than just snaps with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I need something like this to add to my photo tool kit when I travel. Great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gadget to use when you need more light. I like how it fits in the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that it has filters in it. You're right that the camera flash doesn't result in the best pictures on its own.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive