Bernice Three Column

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Marvelous Music Monday - September 8, 2014

Time to have a little fun today with Marvelous Music Monday where we sing along with all of our friends on the Monday Music Moves Me Hop.

The theme fro this week's hop is Trains.  Songs with 'train' in the title, or have something to do with trains.


I've chosen some classics for today.  The first is from Andy Griffith picking along with Jim Lindsey singing "New River Train."  Don Knotts joins in on the fun as well.



The next is Frankie Laine's big hit from 1949: Mule Train
Oh, there aren't many ranches left in Corona, CA.  I was just by there not too long ago, and the place is quite a city now.




XmasDolly, is the Conductor on this Musical trip.  Co-conductors Callie of Jamerican Spice, Stacy of Stacy Uncorked, Cathy of Cathy Kennedy’s Blog and Naila Moon of Just the Stuff You Know





Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

8 comments:

  1. Believe it or not I have heard these songs before. We used to watch this show, and the last song I'm not sure where I heard it, but I have. Too cute. So far everyone is luvin' your theme girlfriend! Thanks for joining us and your wonderful contribution! eeee hawwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mule Train when I was a kid for some reason it used to awlays make me laugh heheh!

    Have a heehoretastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...these are firsts for me. I love the Andy Griffon show, but I don't think I've seen that episode before though. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Andy Griffith tune. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh? Corona, CA has no more farms? Wow, that's Steinbeck's country. Anyway I love Andy, Gomer and Barney and I remember hearing that old Mule Train song somewhere. You did it! Great picks and you got us movin' and groovin' down the train tracks. Thanks. This was a lot of fun.

    Hope you enjoy this week and you keep the music playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's some good ole oldies. It's hard to believe how little Opie grew up to be a big time movie director.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. See I've not heard these before, but yet I think I have. I think it's living with my father in law that caused it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was something seeing that Andy one!! awesome that you found that.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive