Bernice Three Column

Friday, September 19, 2014

Peanut Brittle Recipe Utilizing the BakeItFun Non-Stick Silicone #BakingMat - Review


I received a BakeItFun Non-Stick Silicon Baking Mat in exchange for an honest review.  No other compensation was received, and all opinions are entirely my own.


We love peanut brittle in our home!  We don't make it too often, but we enjoy every single piece.  It is one recipe that we like to make for friends as a gift for Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.


We made a batch early this year to see how it would work on a silicone baking mat without buttering the pan.  The silicon baking mat that I used was from BakeItFun.


The BakeItFun silicone baking mat is a USA half-pan size, which means it was designed to fit perfectly into a standard size 13"x18" pan.  It is a premium quality silicone baking mat that has been manufactured using FDA and LFGB approved silicone.  That means that it's non-toxic and 100% BPA free.  In between layers of the best food grade silicone is a fiberglass mesh that will keep the mat in one piece.  It is very lightweight and flexible allowing the mat to be easily rolled thus taking very little space to store it.


To help you to distribute the food evenly on the mat, there are rulers on all four sides, and center circles.  This reusable mat has outstanding heat conductivity.  Since it can take drastic differences in temperature, from -40F (-40 C) degrees to 450F (230 C) degrees, it is perfect to use in the oven, microwave, or the freezer.  So go ahead and use it to freeze something, then pop it into a hot oven to cook.  The BakeItFun silicone baking mat will never absorb any flavors or odors from you food.  Cooking with garlic, onions, vegetables, cookies, and candies will always taste just like they are supposed to.

You never need to oil or butter the BakeItFun silicone baking mat.  Peanut brittle recipes always call for buttering your pans.  Well, we decided to skip this step when we made our peanut brittle.


Peanut Brittle
Yield: about 2 pounds
Adapted from Southern Living: Our Best Five-Star Recipes.

What you will need for this recipe: 3-quart saucepan; clip-on candy thermometer; 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan; if you have one - silicone baking mat for the jellyroll pan.

2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
2 cups raw peanuts
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine the sugar, light corn syrup, and water in a 3-quart saucepan.  Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.  Cover mixture, and cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.

Clip the candy thermometer onto the saucepan making sure that it does not touch the bottom, but the bulb is in the sugar mixture.

Add peanuts; cook until mixture reaches hard crack stage (300F degrees), stirring occasionally.

Remove from heat.  Stir in butter, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.

Working quickly, pour candy mixture onto the silicone topped jellyroll pan, (or buttered jellyroll pan if you don't have a silicone baking mat); spread to the edges of the pan before the candy hardens.

Let cool completely; break into pieces.  Store in an airtight container.





Here is the freshly made peanut brittle on top of the unbuttered BakeItFun Silicone Baking Mat once it had cooled.  It was so easy to just lift it right off the mat!  Without any butter whatsoever, the BakeItFun mat worked perfectly.  Oh, does the brittle tastes so good, too!


Clean up was a breeze!  It just took some soap and water to clean the baking mat, then we let it air dry, rolled it up, and stored it away for the next time we need it.  These mats are dishwasher safe, too.


Get the silicone baking mat that I used for this recipe.  Buy the BakeitFun Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat With Ruler at Amazon on sale for only $14.77 (69% savings).  Here's a chance to save even more.  Buy TWO BakeitFun Baking Mats and get the second one for just $9.99!  Just enter code BAKESALE at checkout.  BakeItFun has a Best Lifetime Guarantee.  If you're not 100% satisfied, they'll give 100% money refund back.

Would you like some new recipes?  They follow BakeItFun on Facebook.  They are always posting new delicious recipes.




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs




I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

42 comments:

  1. I've never made Peanut Brittle before, I like the use of the mat seems to make it much easier and quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty easy, even more so with the mat. Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recipe. I have never made peanut brittle - I may have to give it a try and I also have the BakeItFun mat. Terrific combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to have to make this peanut brittle and get a couple of the the silicone baking sheets. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow peanute brittle recipe and you did it on this mat and it didn't stick... well wow! wow! and WOW! That's awesome and love the post. So informative. I sure hope you put this recipe on my Friday Post for recipes. I'm sure my readers would love this one. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering about these mats! I keep seeing them but haven't read the reviews. What a neat accessory to have. It would save your pans and your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok i am so getting one of these!! I have been looking at this type of mat for awhile, but have always just been unsure if it would be another item in my unwanted pile in my kitchen as i have a habit of needing or should i say " wanting " everything for the kitchen, so this is perfect for me trying to loose weight, so you can skip butter that is great, and of course i like that it has the cookie pre marked on it, and the fact that it does not hold smells, very important to me.... thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great recipe and I love peanut brittle. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yummy, thanks for sharing this recipe.. I have been looking for a good peanut brittle recipe for a bit now.. growing up my older sister and I always made this for the holiday's :) thanks again for share

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need one of these. That brittle looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband adores peanut brittle and has been begging me to make him some. I have looked at many recipes and this one sounds the best. Thanks for sharing! I will be surprising my husband soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This recipe looks so tasty and perfect for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off that peanut brittle looks amazing. I may need to try it. My mother makes peanut brittle quite often. I am always at a loss for a Christmas gift for her. I think this mat may be my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i have always wanted to try and make this--now i have a good recipe--thanks for sharing and wish me LUCK

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love peanut brittle, pecan brittle is so good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like cashew brittle as well, and will be making some soon. I just picked up some cashews today.

      Delete
  16. Thank you for the great recipe. Peanut brittle reminds me of my grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I appreciate this because I buy it from people who make it and here all along I can make my own and save my money!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have to make this..havent had home made since gramma sent us some..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love peanut brittle it taste good

    ReplyDelete
  20. well i have built up the energy to go get the ingredients to make this--wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this brittle. I not a very good candy maker.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm not really a peanut brittle person, but if you cover it in chocolate or better still dark chocolate, I will eat it. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I can't wait to give it a try, And the BakeItFun silicone baking mat will make baking much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love peanut brittle, but have never made it before. That silicone baking mat looks like it would solve a lot of sticking problems, in many other recipes. Super! scain54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have always loved eating peanut brittle since I was a little girl. I have never made it and see that the silicone baking mat solves many problems. It probably is about time I learn to make it...and get the granddaughters over for a try at it. We all would be first-timers.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my, thanks for the tip on the mat. I seems so much easier than trying to pull up from buttered pan. Your recipe is one I'm using already.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Can't wait to try this recipe out! I'm a sucker for any kind of brittle!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The peanut brittle looks wonderful, and the mat certainly solves the sticking problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks yummy and would make a great gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This look so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It has been a long time since I made peanut brittle, love it and its always better making it homemade. I use to make it with my sister growing up :) Thanks for share and great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for the recipe. I never knew how to make peanut brittle. Now I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I loved brittle as a child and haven't had it since. I will try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm not a huge fan of peanut brittle, but my friend would love this

    ReplyDelete
  34. this looks pretty easy to make but every time I try to make it its horrible.i need to keep trying

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love peanut brittle. I bet the baking sheets make all the difference in the world. No stick, no mess!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love peanut brittle, so I like that yo not only give the recipe, but instructions on how to make it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is what I was missing this past Christmas. I love peanut brittle.

    ReplyDelete
  38. This looks even better than store-bought peanut brittle.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive