Bernice Three Column

Monday, September 15, 2014

The 12" Ozeri GREEN Earth Frying Pan Featuring Greblon Textured Ceramic Non-Stick Coating from Germany - Review

The Ozeri Green Earth Pan featured in this post was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of a review. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that, as always, the opinions reflected in this post are my own.


Our meals have never been better recently.  Almost every day someone is frying something.  Back in July, I received an Ozeri 10" Green Earth Pan.  I can't say enough good things about that pan.  It still just like new.  A 10" is a good size, but, being a large family, we need a larger pan for some dinners and perhaps some desserts.


We are all so happy to have received from Ozeri another one of their great Green Earth Pans in a 12" diameter.  When we fry chicken, hamburgers, stir fry, it just gives us that extra room that we need.  Instead of putting two 10" pans on the stove, now only one goes on.  (That saves energy!)


Why is the Green Earth Pan from Ozeri so great?  It's the unique ceramic non-stick interior - GREBLON!  This is an ultra-safe ceramic coating from Germany which is 100% PTFE and PFOA free.  The honeycombed textured coating keeps food from food bonding to the surface of the pan. The elevations of the textured honeycombed cooking surface also create air pockets which distribute heat underneath food to enhance cooking performance.


Conventional cookware and other ceramic cookware brands achieve their non-stick performance through a coating of PTFE (PolyTetraFluoroEthylene), a synthetic substance that has waxy properties. At very high temperatures, PTFE begins to decompose and release fumes which are documented to be lethal to birds and small pets, and which can be harmful to humans. In addition, traditional pans incorporating PTFE are often manufactured with the aid of PFOA (PerFluoroOctanoic Acid), which the EPA has classified as a 'persistent pollutant of the environment'. With the Green Earth Pan's GREBLON ceramic, even under high temperatures, no harmful toxic fumes are ever released into the environment. This is because each pan utilizes a 100% ceramic coating inspired by nature - not a laboratory.


In addition to being completely free of PTFE and PFOA, each pan is also far more durable and scratch-resistant than other non-stick surfaces. With better non-stick properties, the Green Earth Pan allows you to saute, fry, bake, boil and braise with as little as half the amount of oil normally used, and cleaning is a breeze. Each Green Earth Pan is made of the highest quality die-cast aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without hot spots. Each pan boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves, and a heat resistant silicone coated handle.




One of the great additions to buying an Ozeri Green Earth Pan is that it comes with an Ozeri pan protector.  The pan protector is designed to protect the surface and coating of your Ozeri frying pan against scratches during storage.



These felt pads work wonders keeping the pans from touching each other.  It keeps the Greblon ceramic interior scratchless while you have it in your cupboard.  Below you see all three of our frying pans together.


We can stack them all thus saving space in the cupboard and never worry about scratching the surfaces.

Here are my tips for keeping the Ozeri GREEN Earth Pan in top condition.  While the coating is scratch-resistant, it's best not to tempt fate.  I recommend always cooking with a heat resistant spatula or wooden utensil.  Once the pan cools, clean in hot soapy water, rinse, and dry immediately.  Then just tuck it in the cupboard - remember to use the Ozeri pan protector.


The holidays with all of the wonderful cooking are almost here.  A 12" Ozeri GREEN Earth Pan would really be a big help in the kitchen!  BUY IT TODAY at AMAZON!  The price is right.  For this top quality 12" pan you might expect to pay a lot, yet it's only $34.97!

Ozeri products are found the world over, from majestic European estates, luxurious desert spa resorts, tropical private resorts, to our homes.  They offer the finest kitchen, bath, entertainment, and personal amenities. 
 Follow Ozeri




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs


12 comments:

  1. I have one of these pans and it is my favorite in the kitchen. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing these up as I think they'd be healthier. I love that they come with a pan protector.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a couple of Ozeri products, they are great quality. I love the idea of the pan protectors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this pan and its one of my go to pans. I think all together I have 10 pans, but the green ozeri earth frying plan and my lifetime pan are my favorite and cook my food the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need a new frying pan and this one sounds like it would be perfect for the types of food that I would be cooking in it. I like the fact that it is easy to clean as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This looks very durable! I'm always looking to replace my pots and pans one at a time to save me money in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have this set, and they're marvelous. I love your Post here. You're always so informative, and I always learn stuff I didn't know. This is really cool because I didn't know that they're from Germany. That's cool. I love the pads too, and non-stick of course is my favorite. Thanks for sharing! Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's the way to do non-stick. Mine is peeling and I know I need to throw it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to get a Ozeri green earth pan for sure and it would make a great gift too. I love the pan protector for storage. I have use paper towels for protecting pans and glass pans before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will get one. We need a new pan that size. I bought a professional 16 inch pan and my wife says it is too big to get in the sink to wash.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't waste your money on these pans. they work for a few weeks, but after that you'll be using more and more oil to keep food from sticking. Eventually even the oil won't help. One of the worst kitchen utensils I ever bought. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon, this pan is still non-stick for us, and we still use it after 2 years now. But then, we have always used more butter and oil in it than was recommended from the first. Make sure to wash it with a good scrubber that is for non-stick pans. I do have the whole set of these pans, have had them for over 2 years now, and the only one that I need to replace is the 8" pan.

      The best Ozeri pans are their oldest green earth pan and their wok.

      Delete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive