Bernice Three Column

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ozeri 8" Green Earth Frying Pan Review & Strawberries & Cream Dessert Crepes Recipe

Ozeri sent me the 8" Green Earth Pan for this review.  No other compensation was received, and all opinions are my own.


Having a set of great frying pans for our cooking needs has always been one of my goals.  Now my set is complete with the 8" Green Earth Pan from Ozeri.


What do I truly love about the Ozeri Green Earth Pans?  The unique nonstick surface!  The secret to its nonstick performance is Greblon.  Greblon is a German engineered ceramic coating that is ultra-safe for us to cook our food as it is 100% PTFE and PFOA free.  


This incomparable surface with its honeycomb texture that aids in keeping food from sticking, cooks your food evenly and quickly without the use of a lot of oil.  That's right, only a little oil is needed to fry your foods in this pan.  What a calorie saver!


Each Green Earth Pan is made of the highest quality die-cast aluminum that allows for even cooking and fantastic browning without hot spots. Each pan boasts a magnetized bottom for rapid heat transfer on induction stoves.  It stays in place on the burner.


Each pan comes with a Ozeri pan protector to keep your Ozeri Green Earth Pans in tip top condition.  Stacking with the pan protector causes no chipping to the ceramic surface of the pan.  So you can stack these pans with no worries that the surface will ever be harmed in any way.

The 8" pan is a delight to have.  The small dimensions make it the perfect go to pan for frying up a single egg in the morning, one grilled cheese, sauteing a small batch of onions, etc.  The 8" pan is also perfect for crepes!

Strawberries and Cream Dessert Crepes


1 lb Strawberries cleaned and sliced
Sugar - sweeten to taste

Heavy Whipping Cream one pint
Whip together with a teaspoon to 2 tablespoon of sugar (to your liking) with a dash of vanilla

Crepe Batter:
(makes 12 crepes)

1 1/2 Cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk

2 tablespoons butter for cooking

Sift flour with sugar, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl.

Combine the eggs and milk; beat until well mixed.  Pour into the dry ingredients, and beat until smooth.

Preheat your oven to 300F to keep your crepes warm while you cooking.

For each crepe, melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in an 8" skillet

Pour in 1/4 cup batter, rotating pan quickly to spread batter completely over the bottom of the pan.


Cook, over high heat, 1 minute; turn; cook one minute longer.  Put into a pan, such as a pie pan or oven-proof dish, and keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining crepes.


To assemble the crepes, just put some of the sweetened strawberries down the middle of the crepe, roll the crepe up, and garnish with the sweetened whipped cream and more strawberries.


We had a perfect crepe dessert all thanks to the nonstick Ozeri Green Earth Pan in the 8" size.


I cannot tell you how much my whole family enjoys each and everyone of our Ozeri Green Earth Pans.  The 8" Ozeri Green Earth Pan is now the pan that is used the most in our home.  It is just as nonstick as it was when we first got it even though it is used several times a day.  To keep an Ozeri Green Earth Pan just as nonstick as ours always are, be sure to always use either a heat resistant spatula or wooden utensils - never use metal or anything that can scratch.  Wash as soon as the pan cools, dry with a soft cloth, and put it away with the Ozeri pan protector inside.



You can purchase just the Ozeri Green Earth 8" Pan all by itself at Amazon, and purchase each and every piece separately, or save big purchase the complete set of Ozeri Green Earth Pans at Amazon.


See Ozeri's complete product selection at their website.

See my other Ozeri Reviews:




Click To Vote For Us @ Top Mommy Blogs. A Ranked & Rated Directory Of The Most Popular Mom Blogs


38 comments:

  1. That strawberry crepe recipe sounds delicious! I really will have to look into getting this 8" pan as I am single --you did say perfect for one egg, one grilled cheese sandwich-right? Then it is the perfect size for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Strawberry crapes sound amazing! My husband bugbht me my last set and it bombed! They said nonstick but they are horrible. I'll be buying new pans son. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would so love to have these Ozeri Green Earth Frying pans. This strawberry and cream crepes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive always wanted to try to make these..thought they were hard..think ill give it w whirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Crepes and your recipe for Strawberries and Cream Dessert Crepes looks so delicious! I want to get one of these Ozeri frying pans. They really make Crepes very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That frying pan looks really awesome. I actually came here to see the delicious recipe, but now I want one of these frying pans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't use non-stick as I don't trust Teflon. These pans looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Ozeri pans look great and the Strawberry Crepes look delicious, I can' t wait to give them a try. Thank you for sharing this recipe and review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pans are really nice and I love crepes. Thank you for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love these pans! I would love to make some crepes. I have never made these before.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like making just one or two fried eggs in the morning. This 8 inch Ozeri pan is the perfect choice for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this pan! I can't say enough about it - it is REALLY non-stick, as opposed to some other cheaply made (but expensively priced) pans. I haven't made crepes yet, but it's on my to-do list for next week, and I'm going to use my Ozeri pan! : ) scin54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks awesome for breakfast I need to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! This is a pregnant woman's dream!

    ReplyDelete
  15. neat looking pan the desert looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard of this brand of pans but didn't really know a lot about them. After reading this review, I'll be looking at these the next time I need new cookware!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Strawberry Crepes is one of my favorite desserts at a local restaurant. I would really love to be able to make them at home - now I think I can!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those crepes look so delicious. I will have to make them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These Strawberries and Cream Dessert Crepes look so good! I am going to attempt to make these this weekend. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks absolutely delicious! I would love to make these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A pan protector! Duh. What a simple, but cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks very good. I will make some this weekend. My family loves strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This recipe looked so good, I copied it down. I am going to make this tomorrow. I thank you for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That crepe looks so good and it turned out nicely. Great pans too. I have seen them reviewed before and it was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The .crepe looks wonderful. I just bought fresh strawberries today. You also have the same dishes as I do. I hope I can get it to fit in a toaster oven. My oven is broken and a new one is not in the budget

    ReplyDelete
  26. The crepes look delicious! I will have to try them and it'll help that I have a similar pan to the Ozeri.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! We grow strawberries yearly and I'm always searching for new ways to use them. This sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wondered how these pans would wear over time. Its nice to see your update from January that they are still great. These crepes look amazing. I've never made crepes before but maybe we'll give it a whirl -- especially since we're coming into strawberry season.

    ReplyDelete
  29. the crepes look so good I am going to try blueberry crepes

    ReplyDelete
  30. This looks very delicious. Thank you for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, they look so good. Great recipe! Great looking pans too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMG those crepes look sooo good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh wow,that looks amazing,,ive never eaten a crepe before

    ReplyDelete
  34. Strawberries and Cream Dessert Crepes look heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I could eat too many of those crepes. Nice looking pan.
    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!

Blog Archive